Ghost Racer 7G 4-stroke unboxing

GoldenMotor.com

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
now that ive got electric again..

this kit came with no instructions on how to properly assemble the sudo "4G" or 7G tranny. It does have the oil lite bushing that I cant remember how to oil treat like the others, and im not 100 percent sure but looking at the big pulley drive sprocket it seems that is solid and not a freewheel.

other than that,compared to a 2 stroke kit,im very happy with build quality and packaging. I hope mechanically it can compare to the 4G kits out there.

I hope any of this info helps any of you out there.

theaceinthehole

Aug 14, 2014
San Jose
I also ordered one of these kits but I'm away from home at the moment. The whole crank thing has got me a little pissed off though. Do you think these wide cranks allow for the use of a standard 3pc bottom bracket, instead of the wide one used in previous 4 stroke kits?

Also I've read the bearing conversion thread and I'm still a little unsure as to how I should go about it, would anyone be willing to write up a a more in depth tutorial, pictures would definitely help:D

Last edited:

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I ordered the 7g just because I couldn't resist the price. I got it last night and overall it looks good. Mine is missing the fuel valve, fuel line, fuel filter, and belt tensioner wrench so I emailed them and hopefully they will send these things. There are some interesting differences I see from the last 5g I ordered. There is the belt cover and the way it attaches to the transmission with only one bracket, the integrated exhaust system, the on/off switch located on the engine (which will have to be removed), the 100 tooth pulley with 3 curved spokes with plenty of space for a wrench in between, the flywheel cover is already black so I don't have to paint it, a 10 tooth non freewheeling output sprocket, and last but not least, the cool graphics on the belt cover. I'll reserve judgement on it until after I get it all installed.

Edit: I just found the missing parts after looking again. They were in the bag with the sprocket mounting hardware.

Last edited:

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
I also ordered one of these kits but I'm away from home at the moment. The whole crank thing has got me a little pissed off though. Do you think these wide cranks allow for the use of a standard 3pc bottom bracket, instead of the wide one used in previous 4 stroke kits?

Also I've read the bearing conversion thread and I'm still a little unsure as to how I should go about it, would anyone be willing to write up a a more in depth tutorial, pictures would definitely help:D
I dont have a bike yet to build on with this kit,but because of this kit not containing the full crank conversion im glad i didnt buy a bike with a one piece crank.

So i dont have anything to size it up to now,but it really does look like it will fit on a standard 3 piece shaft just fine,and the crank arms look like they maybe wide enough to clear the motor,well, fingers crossed and lets just hope so.

either way, i cant complain for the price,im rather happy with it... so far. This market it is usually full of surprises anyhow,right?

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I've ended up using the one piece cranks that came with the bikes on all my 4 stroke builds. I just put them in a vice, heat them where I want them to bend with a MAP gas torch till glowing red and use a pipe on the arm to bend it. No messing with 1 piece to three piece adapters, extra long spindles, or sprockets coming loose. When finished it's bulletproof.

PECERIDER

Sep 8, 2013
LOUISIANA
Hi all first post from deep south in slidell louisiana.
I have some questions and could use some advice.
I. Am going to order this kit for my first build.
My bike is a Schwinn riverside 2013 model with the screwed on cargo rack not the welded model.

What do I need specifically to complete this install.
For the pedals ? Adapters ?
Specialized bike tools ? chain breaker. Special wrench for pedals ?

Drive system is jack shaft kit compatable or what rear sprocket adapter. I am not going to use pineapple adapter.