DAX F80 on BB-1 for Sale

GoldenMotor.com
Mar 31, 2013
RI

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
If I would have seen this earlier I would have gotten it. Nobody placed a bid and I live a few miles from Duane; could have gotten this bike for $10 with local pickup :p. Oh well

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Nobody placed a bid
Huh? Click on the bid link.
Bids were placed then cancelled.
Bidder n***e Cancelled: US $150.00
Bid: Apr-11-13 08:38:51 PDT
Cancelled: Apr-15-13 15:17:50 PDT
Bidder p***a Cancelled: US $10.00
Bid: Apr-08-13 07:57:08 PDT
Bidder 5***9 Cancelled: US $139.00
Bid: Apr-13-13 12:39:41 PDT
Bidder h***c Cancelled: US $150.00
Bid: Apr-13-13 21:08:27 PDT

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I don't know what happened in this case but I have dealt with Duane from thatsdax and he has never screwed me over. I found him to be very reasonable and helpful and will continue to buy parts from him.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Yea I called him once to order some parts, rudest person I ever met
and when I told him the call was to order parts because I don't
use my creditcard over the net his response was
"well I guess you don't need these parts then"
I don't know if he was in a bad mood or what, but very unprofessional
will never use him now, and these claims on his website about the motors
now being made in the usa, yea right, a business man that lies up front
speaks volumes to his integrity! thats dax hahahahahahahaha

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Yea I called him once to order some parts, rudest person I ever met
and when I told him the call was to order parts because I don't
use my creditcard over the net his response was
"well I guess you don't need these parts then"
I don't know if he was in a bad mood or what, but very unprofessional
will never use him now, and these claims on his website about the motors
now being made in the usa, yea right, a business man that lies up front
speaks volumes to his integrity! thats dax hahahahahahahaha
who do you purchase parts from?

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Hmmm, my brother called him here from Canada because he doesn't normally sell to Canada, he bought us a couple RT carburetors and cables and talked to him about other things not even related to his products and my brother said he was one of the nicest people he has talked to on the phone.
Everyone has bad days.

Don't know what happened to the ebay sale though, I would have bid for sure.

At what point could something be called 'made in _____'?
Or perhaps 're-assembled in _____'?
Or 'assembled in _____'?

Last edited:

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
bicycle-engines.com many purchases no problems yet.
Hey, that's cool but I was just comparing some basic prices on a few standard 2 stroke engine parts between bicycle-engines.com and Dax and I have to say that bicycle-engines.com's prices seem higher than Dax:

Intake gasket $2.99
Dax $1.00
Exhaust gasket $6.99
Dax $1.49
Magneto Coil $19,99
Dax $9.99
Magneto Magnet $14.99
Dax $4.99
Piston Ring 47MM $5.99 each
Dax $4.99 for 2
Aluminum Head Gasket $4.99
Dax $1.99
Fuel Cap $6.99
Dax $3.98
Locking Clutch Lever $14.99
Dax $8.99
Banana Chrome Expansion Chamber Pipe $49.99
Dax $39.99

Dax isn't cheapest on everything and I didn't compare every part and I did notice that bicycle-engines.com has a standard 1/2 gallon fuel tank (black) listed at $14.99 and Dax sells the exact same one for $22.99. Bicycle-engines.com also sells some pretty cool parts that Dax doesn't and Dax has a few parts that bicycle-engines.com doesn't as well. It pays to shop around for sure. I am usually more interested in buying parts at the best price I can find rather than paying extra for service. But like I said, Duane at Dax has never screwed me over, he even gave me 2 free wrist pin clips even though he didn't have them listed for sale on his website. Bicycle-engines.com charges $.69 each for these. I guess if you got extra money to burn go for bicycle-engines.com but at least Dax doesn't nickel and dime you to death.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2013
RI
...out of common courtesy he should have come here into this thread, HIS thread, the thread he used to ANNOUNCE this auction, and explained why he'd wasted the time of everyone who was following this auction, ...him just pulling the bike without explanation is bulls.hit. ...it's the silence that pisses me off, i don't give a damn how new i am.

...it's bulls.hit this site censors stupid little words too, are we not men?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
...it's bulls.hit this site censors stupid little words too, are we not men?
Well, I can't help with the other stuff - but I can explain the auto-censor. Paul (the site owner/admin) had his grandkids help design the site layout (picking the colors & whatnot) and they still check up on "their" forum from time to time. With that in mind & trying to keep this small corner of the internet family friendly for others perhaps less "manly" than we, it was decided to leave the auto-censor dialed up a touch higher, not just for the reasons above but for the subtle effect it's proven to have in the long run...

...because of it we're spared those that can't seem to express themselves without every third word being an expletive, even I am forced to seek a more diverse vocabulary, slightly more complex expressions than mere profanity.

Granted, in "real" life I swear like a sailor, but it is nice to take a break from that from time to time ;)

Mar 31, 2013
RI
Well, I can't help with the other stuff - but I can explain the auto-censor. Paul (the site owner/admin) had his grandkids help design the site layout (picking the colors & whatnot) and they still check up on "their" forum from time to time. With that in mind & trying to keep this small corner of the internet family friendly for others perhaps less "manly" than we, it was decided to leave the auto-censor dialed up a touch higher, not just for the reasons above but for the subtle effect it's proven to have in the long run...

...because of it we're spared those that can't seem to express themselves without every third word being an expletive, even I am forced to seek a more diverse vocabulary, slightly more complex expressions than mere profanity.

Granted, in "real" life I swear like a sailor, but it is nice to take a break from that from time to time ;)
...thanks for the explanation man and as a grandparent myself i can see now why the site is censored and i will now no longer resent what seemed childish to my old a.ss mind.

...i've always preferred tolerating the ignorant rather than giving up a freedom for myself and there is nothing they could think to say that i've not said a time or two myself, but like i said, i have grandbabies too.

...actually, just last week my 4 year old grandson had to 'fix' the computer for his grandmother, lol.

peace, bozo

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
thank you. you would not believe how much the grand kids showed and helped me. their little fingers would move a hundred miles per hour and they would say now isn't that easy papa. i would say ya and have no idea what they did lol