What is the correct setting for spark plug on a 48cc china girl motor??

GoldenMotor.com

Daryl95

Apr 25, 2012
Ireland
Hello,

I adjusted the spark plug today because when i checked the plug for the colour that was on tip it was okay but the tip was touching the arc i just spread it apart a small bit but now seems to be to sparky and is vibrating a lot is this how it should be running or is there a correct way of setting the plug please help as had no documentation with my kit!

its a 48cc Chinese engine

Daryl

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Re: What is the correct setting for spark plug on a 48cc china girl??

.024 to .030 seems to work for most of us. You might get some differing opinions but my suggestions will put you in the ball park (get you close)

Tom

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

My circle gauge has a .025, and a .030, as long as I can get the '25 in there, and the '30 won't fit, it's always run well :) I've read that .028 is the 'sweet spot'. But until you get some K's under your belt, you won't be able to tell the difference of a thousandth here or there .

Like Tom said, that'll get you where you need to be. :)

Daryl95

Apr 25, 2012
Ireland

okay thank you for the reply this a bit of a newbie question but do you go by imperial or metric as I would not be sure about imperial measurements??

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Those are imperial, but on the other side of my gauge I have metric .025 is .64mm's, and .030 is .76mm's. So .7mm's should about be where you want it.

gl.

Daryl95

Apr 25, 2012
Ireland

okay thank you will adjust this and let you know how it runs :)