Not starting...

GoldenMotor.com

polin

Feb 2, 2012
sarasota, fl
well i have the clutch working, but now i cant get it to start, i have fuel, but i dont think im have spark, rechecked de wireins, i didnt found any problem, how i can check if my coil is working? plus my spark plug has a kind of looking screw in the top(no like regukar spark plug), can this be the problem? or is normal.... i really appreciate some advice thanks...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Re: starting...

You didn't tell us what engine you have but we're assuming you have a Chinese 2 stroke engine. It helps us to trouble shoot if we know what we're dealing with. If you have the popular HT, or China Girl engine, keep reading.

The kit supplied spark plug boot requires removal of the top cap of a spark plug to expose the threads. The boot is supposed to snap onto those threads. Many of us discard the kit boot in favor of a good automotive quality boot and replacing the kit plug with one of several alternatives, the most popular being the NGK B6HS plug available at many auto parts stores.

To check for spark, remove the plug, reconnect the plug wire, lay the plug threads against the cylinder head cooling fins then rotate the rear wheel, clutch engaged either by pedaling or lifting the rear wheel and spinning it. If things are working you should see the plug firing (sparking) between the electrodes at the tip.
Get back to us if you have no fire.
You said you checked the wiring. make sure you have good electrical connections at the blue and black wire and for testing purposes we suggest disconnecting the kill switch. Make sure that white wire is isolated against touching any metal.
Tom