KC's Cadillac NuVinci Shifter 3

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Stick a fork in her, Caddy 3 is finally done![/size=4]

Cadillac Fleetwood bike with NuVinci CVT rear hub gears and HD Springer Fork.
Jackshafted 66cc 2011 Grubee Skyhawk motor.
Custom fitted Expansion Chamber exhaust.
Iridium spark plug with HP plug wire, Custom wiring and Keylock ignition switch.
Custom 2/3rd gallon 'beer keg' gas tank.
Rear disc and front side-pull brakes to a single dual-pull teeter-totter self adjusting brake lever.
BMX foam grips and of course my clean cable work ;-}

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Thanks NunyaBidness.
She starts right up with one kick in 10', gets to 30MPH in 6 seconds, and will run 40+MPH all day long ;-}

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Nice Caddy!
The first thing I noticed was the clean cable work.
I hope someday to build a bike with a NuVinci hub.
Perhaps it will come close to being as clean and good looking as this one.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Thanks Guys, that is high praise from well known builders like you.

I have always had a 'thing' about cables that borders on neurotic hehehe...
Other than the throttle cable which has a piece on each end, every other cable can be sized at the business end with great ease using a good cable cutter, so once I get the throttle cable in place with it's fixed size I size all the rest to bundle up to match it the best I can, even with 7 or 8 cables like this NuVinci.

What's even more neurotic was after looking at these pics was I didn't like the way I routed the HP plug wire either and cut it down too.

That bike is out the door now so I didn't have a chance to make a video of riding it but I did make a video of riding Caddy 1.

That $100 custom gas tank sure makes a big difference in the look over the stock tank on a rack don't ya think?

Here is the video of me riding Caddy 1.
KCsBikes.com Motorized Cadillac Bicycle Ride - YouTube

There was a Caddy 2 as well but I bought it to put it's wheels on my bike so I just put another set of non-shifting wheels on Caddy 2 and made it a direct drive bike. Pretty and all, but not jackshafted.

I am so hooked on gears now I can't go back to direct drive for my ride but beware of one thing with NuVinci or any other bicycle gears, they are designed to handle half a horse power at best, if you want to put 3+ horses at it you best learn how to shift it so you don't stress it to breaking.

In short, don't be trying to drop the clutch to pop a wheelie or power shift them if you want them to last ;-}

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Very nice there KC. I'm considering this bike for a winter project (4 stroke + shift kit). If I stay 2 stroke then I'm gonna have to get one your Keyed CDI's.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I'm considering this bike for a winter project.
Good luck finding one, they quit making them a couple of years back.
I got the last one bikes4families.com had for $300, the only other place I have seen them is Amazon for $600 a few months back, and they only had like 5.
There is however a local guy here that still has one that has not been motorized, he wants $450 for it.