frame identity please....

GoldenMotor.com

Pappy

Apr 19, 2009
Anderson, IN.
the neck, upper and lower bar looks to be cast aluminum from a airframe of some sort and I think the forks are backwards

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I'm guessing Euro, Russian maybe. That frame is from a custom casting made for this purpose. I'd almost bet the same maker as the fork had something to do with its' making. The back brake throws it off, though. It looks like a modern bicycle disk brake setup. It's newer look is offset by the megaphone '60's style exhaust.

And I'd bet a bunch of these racing together was a blast :)

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
I'm guessing Euro, Russian maybe. That frame is from a custom casting made for this purpose. I'd almost bet the same maker as the fork had something to do with its' making. The back brake throws it off, though. It looks like a modern bicycle disk brake setup. It's newer look is offset by the megaphone '60's style exhaust.

And I'd bet a bunch of these racing together was a blast :)
Yeah, the engine does look like that Russian prototype now that you mention it. And I agree the front triangle is pure custom. The fork though is all Bob Girvin who made Proflex mountain bikes just down the road from me up until the mid 90's when he sold to K2. I'm positive Girvin or K2 never motorized those bikes but a few of us nuts have done so. :D

PFRobin1.JPG