I saw you...

GoldenMotor.com

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Saw another today at noon, a 24" black cruiser frame cut with a rake, offroad handlebars and a chinese two stroke. Eastbound on Ruthraff Road and La Cholla. A dude, no helmet turned south. Heard one in that intersection on Friday night. I was waiting at the red light, it came by my truck window when I saw him, no light, no reflectors and dark clothes. I couldn't tell what kind of bike or what the rider was except he was probably:eek: soon to be known as the"Dearly Departed"

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Dis place is crawlin wittum I tell ya! Saw a cruiser style black bike with a small 2 stroke and white sidewall tires. The dude was leaning into it and working the throttle forth and back. Near Tucson Blvd. and 6th St about 2:30 in the afternoon.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Tucson: I saw a lady last night with a red cruiser 2-stroke china motor and a basket in the front. She was going East on St. Mary's just East of SilverBell in front of the Safeway.

This lady had a bunch of that red & white reflector tape all over her bike, it really stood out.

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
this morning, i was riding one of my riquimbilis around town here in Monrovia, and this vejo (old person) on a whizzer was at the same intersection as me , and i flagged him down, asked him about his bike and he said it was his first MB when he was a teen and it was put away in a garage somewhere and got it back and restored it. that now makes 9 other MB's i've seen in this town of 33,000

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Wow! Edge you've seen 9 in a town of 33,000. That's a good MB to human ratio. I was on 4th Ave yesterday and saw a Spooky Tooth sticker on the front of an electric bike, locked up. Today at about 11:30 I saw a 26 inch cruiser 2 stroke with ape hangers as he went north on Main crossing Speedway Blvd.:ride2:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I saw a guy with a lawnmower engine on a cruiser bike up in the Santa Cruz Mountains on Empire Grade. The bike was already strapped to his Mercedes Benz station wagon. I stopped to say hello and the guy jumped in his car and put a towel on his driverside window. I rode off thinking "WOW this guy is definitely one strange individual. rotfl
I forgot to mention he had a sticker from the other forum on his gastank.

Last edited by a moderator:

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
Wow! Edge you've seen 9 in a town of 33,000. That's a good MB to human ratio. I was on 4th Ave yesterday and saw a Spooky Tooth sticker on the front of an electric bike, locked up. Today at about 11:30 I saw a 26 inch cruiser 2 stroke with ape hangers as he went north on Main crossing Speedway Blvd.:ride2:
make that 10, i saw another today when i was on my way to get my ducks some lettuce(^)

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Edge, You are not far from me and I have only seen 1 the guy was going around the fountain in front of the Aquarium of the Pacific my turf for sure, I would like to find someone else to ride with. There is a bunch of guys that ride from Myron's Mopeds they used to have a few Happy bikes but I look at there site and I don't see any now. So for now it is 1 and counting. Have fun, Dave

PS: I have had a few people, counting today another, that ask for the place to get them so there should be a few more.

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
ah...long beach, only a 39 mile Bike ride away :D and only one? that weird because long beach is pretty big. (my girlfriend lives down there, so i know the area pretty well)

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Tucson sighting of two bikes. First, a two stroke black cruiser with a whitewall tire on the front ,on Ruthrauff Road heading west at about 11:30 AM. A rear wheel (geared?) electric was spotted on Prince Road at Tucson Blvd at 11:55. Busy lunchtime for motorized bikes.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Today a shiny purple three wheeler recumbent with a purple canvas "bimini top" was cruising in style, northbound on Tucson Blvd. It was a standout, a thing of beauty. I saw a gas engine but I couldn't hear it. I wanted to turn around and chase it down but had to work instead.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I just dont get it....I ride around town all the time and just dont spot them like you do.

Every time I see a bicyclist, the first thing I do is see if I could see a motor.

I've got a lot of errands to run tomorrow, so I will be all over the Old Pueblo. Lets see if I get lucky and spot one :D

:ride:

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
me n azvinnie met that guy with the bimini top at the deathrace after-party
really big native american dude...we talked 'shop' for about half an hour :)
his bike was like georges little trike on 'roids (^)

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I spotted a woman with an orange cruiser sporting a 2 cycle engine at Alameda and Stone this week. She was pedaling with engine off using the crosswalks instead of moving with traffic. It was a very clean build, probably purchased. I've also seen a trike with a canvas top over by the El Con mall from time to time, very cool!

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I find myself using the cross walk more and more when I need to change directions. I've had too many close calls using the left hand turn lane.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
A red letter day for MB spotting. Sitting in my work truck at Stone Ave. and 6th St. I saw four 2 stroke cruisers at the same time in the same intersection. A couple were southbound on Stone and turned West on 6th St.. They were on a pair of black MBs. A few seconds later two women northbound on Stone turned East on 6th St. The light was red a long time and I never caught up with either pair.:ride2:^5

Last edited:
Edge, You are not far from me and I have only seen 1 the guy was going around the fountain in front of the Aquarium of the Pacific my turf for sure, I would like to find someone else to ride with. There is a bunch of guys that ride from Myron's Mopeds they used to have a few Happy bikes but I look at there site and I don't see any now. So for now it is 1 and counting. Have fun, Dave

PS: I have had a few people, counting today another, that ask for the place to get them so there should be a few more.
Dude. I'm actually from the LBC. I'm up here temporarily, so maybe when I get back we can go cruise the bike path!

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Saw my first folding electric powered bike down in the University district Sunday. There was a team of ol Appalachian guys picking up the bountiful aluminum cans laying around after the big football game Saturday night.

I wouldn't have noticed it except for this thing coming down the road where I was filling my gas tank. It looked like a giant cabbage with a guy sticking out
of the middle of it when I first saw it. Then I realized it was a small bicycle with the guy carrying loads of net bags full of soda and beer cans. While I was laughing at this spectical I noticed him coming up a rise and it was then I noticed he wasn't peddling.

When he stopped and cast the bags down to the ground I could see what he was riding. He noticed my watching him and he smiled ad said, "it's electric".
As I walked over to get a closer look he pointed to e-Tron decal and what looked like a one gallon oil container behind the seat which was the dismountable battery pack. The motor was in the rear axle on this one and the frame hinge was clear.

He told me he didn't have license on it and his drivers license had been revoked for too many DUI's. When I asked where he found it he told me the local Yamaha shop sells them and that's where he got it. He liked the idea that it folded up so he could take it in his appartment where it wouldn't get stolen.

And he told me he figured he had over 400 empty cans in the bags that he had to stomp flat. I didn't have the heart to tell him he looked like a giant cabage with all those bags of cans and all.