Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 12-21-2016, 05:34 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Default Re: Scam seller claims are HILLARIOUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshk View Post
Well...that's not good.

Yakel claims to be a battle-injured veteran. I have a soft-spot for veterans...I'll cut him some slack. God have mercy on him if that's a lie.
I have been involved with veterans and veterans rights since 1969. You would be surprised at the amount of fakes, wannabes or those that are Stolen Valor.

I think this figure may be a little high, but I am not privy to his research.
Some stats http://combatveteranonline.net/vietnam014.htm
Quote:
This is hard to believe, losing nearly 711,000 between 95 and 00. That s 390 per day. During this Census count, the number of Americans falsely claiming to have served in-country is: 13,853,027. By this census, FOUR OUT OF FIVE WHO CLAIM TO BE Vietnam vets are not.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:42 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

That's hilarious. "I just want my veteran's coffee"
Old 12-21-2016, 11:47 PM

Dude, I wouldn't put anything past someone who's shown to be a compulsive liar. I served 8 years, went on the same deployments everyone else in my battalion and you would be amazed how many suffer from "ptsd" ... I'm fine... and I know alot of these *******s just plain don't want to work anymore.
Old 12-26-2016, 04:52 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

OMG that dude was so full of it! I'm aghast at all the brazen, bald-faced bullcrap he was spewing. Best way to mount a tank is to drill holes in the top tube? I kinda doubt that; it may be safe for a while if the bike frame is very robust, but that's far from the best way. And how exactly does a CNC machine make cast-metal parts? You can mill them a bit more, or change the surface or certain features. But machine a whole part takes a billet. This dude is scamming people outright! And he gets ever-the-top foul with anyone who questions his claims. I feel bad for the gullible customers who buy from him.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 12-26-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian22 View Post
Let's continue to praise the honest vendors we encounter, promote and patronize them with our orders & our trust. Rick C.
This nailed it. It's not bragging if someone can back it up and the better vendors here do so with demonstrated performance both with the bikes they build and the services they provide. There is no better promotion than positive word of mouth.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold_B View Post
This nailed it. It's not bragging if someone can back it up and the better vendors here do so with demonstrated performance both with the bikes they build and the services they provide. There is no better promotion than positive word of mouth.
+1 been self employed for over 20yrs.
there is some power in 'word of mouth'
Old 12-27-2016, 08:48 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

Kartooo, Harold B, and Indian 22 make a very good point. Let's stick with the vendors who've been good to us, trustworthy, knowledgeable, and offer fair prices and good customer service. The more attention we give to those who would scam people, the more publicity they receive and the more their name gets around. However, it doesn't hurt to offer a caveat emptor from time to time.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 12-27-2016, 09:12 AM

A friend of mine observed ... of course he has CNC parts ... Cast iN China