Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Mechanical Components > Wheels, Brakes and Suspension

Wheels, Brakes and Suspension All about suspensions, rims, tires and disk, drum and caliper brakes

Old 08-04-2016, 05:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default 4-piston disc brakes

Can somebody recommend me a good cheap 4-piston front brake. I'm currently running the Hayes stroker 2-piston with a 200mm disc and the pads do not last me very long maybe only 1200mi. It is a 1-finger brake but to stop really fast I need to use more fingers and pressure. Not to mention they won't do a stoppie (stretched).
Old 09-12-2016, 07:20 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: 4-piston disc brakes

Well I picked up a TRP slate t4 rear brake for the right side lever. It comes with a full bleed kit along with two sets of hose fittings for changing lengths. I shortened the hose down to what is needed for the front and skipped the bleed.

Man what a difference! A real one finger brake! During installation and just test feeling the lever you think "this brake won't stop me at all" but I guess that's how the 4-piston is. Super light feel and stops with no complaints. Highly recommend! It's $120 for one set and will accept the finned shimano pads as well, so the support is there.