Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorized Bicycles

Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorized Bicycles This area is for sharing all about our custom stretch cruisers and choppers.

Old 10-11-2016, 11:15 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: micargi puma gts newbie build

I braised my exhaust pipe together cause I didn't want to deal with hose clamps and hose that deteriorates, plus now I can wrap the whole pipe for a cleaner look. I also gutted my headlight and replaced the switch and put in a car led bulb and I'm gonna run it off a 3s Lipo 11.1v. It's much brighter now but have to reinforce the mount. It's never done but sure is fun.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:42 AM

One of my braised joints failed. I didn't do it right so I'll just use a hose and clamps on that joint. Everything else on the bike is working great I just have to figure out the exhaust. I'm getting top speed of about 38mph which to me is plenty fast. I cruise at 30 and it gets up to top speed pretty quick and the motor isn't getting hot enough to burn me so I'm not too concerned that it's running lean.I'll still have to check the plug but it's running nice, no 4 stroking and good overall power.
Old 12-31-2016, 03:20 AM

Update. Its been running great. Even though its been cold its been starting up pretty good with no choke. I have a little over 300 miles on my dax little devil motor and it has a lot of power all through the power band. I have almost 600 miles on my bike and this bike has had a motor since day one of its life. It gets up to cruising speed in a hurry. I cruise at 30mph and i don't go much faster than 35mph. It tops out at about 38mph but I never go that fast. I've been having a ton of fun riding and wrenching on this bike. I get tons of looks on it, I've had people offer to buy it or have me build them one but I refuse both.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:21 AM

Way to go, with all the trials and erase you have had, wouldn't sell it either. At least till you build another, better one. Glad you finally got all the bugs out.............Curt
Old 01-02-2017, 11:45 AM

I don't plan on building another but I'll see how that goes. I finally pulled my plug to check it and its a nice paper bag color so I'm not gonna worry about tuning it any further or adding any speed parts since I'm getting the speed I want and its running great. If it ain't broke don't fix it right.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:26 AM

Good to hear Motakitty! Murder has been on a back burner for several months while I've been working. I've got my labor help trained to pick me up in the morning, so the bike hasn't been the vital key to transportation that it was before.
Still working on modifying my SBP pipe kit. I'll be using the expansion chamber and the universal phlange with a piece of 3\4in copper pipe for my header. I still need me, the bike, and the proper sized conduit bender in the same place at the same time.

Glad to hear your bike is running well, keep it shiny side up.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:34 AM

Thank you to all who have helped me. This site has been great. I've ordered a nylon braided fuel hose to use on my exhaust pipe on the broken braised joint. I'm fine with having my pipe in two pieces anyhow. The hose is rated for up to 305f and of course for gas and oil and is steel reinforced so it should hold up. I mean the heater hose I'm using right now is rated for less heat and no gas and its holding up so the fuel line should be fine. I have to sand my header flange flat too cause I think its warped slightly from me braising the joints cause its leaking like the titanic. There's always something to do. Oh I also have to fix my side mirror cause I broke it when I dropped my bike. Luckily that was the only damage.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:31 PM

Well the fuel hose I bought didn't fit. Oh well I'll just keep using heater hose and replace as needed. I blocked both the header and block and they weren't perfectly flat before but should be good now. I inspected the gasket and it was leaking on both sides. I'll have to go for a ride and see how it is now.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:48 AM

My cousin's gonna paint some pictures on my engine clutch cover, magneto cover, and drive chain cover. Not sure what he's gonna do but will probably involve skulls and tree limbs. I kinda let him do whatever he wants since I think he's an awesome painter. Not sure when it'll be done but I'll post up pictures when it is.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:34 AM

My cousin drew a couple pictures on my covers. I think they should hold up. I haven't gotten many chances to ride in a while with my new work schedule but that's gonna change.