Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Tandems, Trikes and Recumbent Bicycles

Motorized Tandems, Trikes and Recumbent Bicycles Trikes (tricycle) and recumbent bicycles can give the ultimate in comfort for cruising on long trips or just around town. Ad an engine and they will really turn some heads.

Old 04-02-2016, 06:08 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Finally, about to start my first ticycle build

After years of researching, and playing around... I'm finally going to be building my first motorized tricycle. I have already built 2 bicycles. My first was a panama Jack (I know, I know...) china girl. the second was a much better, more serious contender. It was still a 2 stroke china girl, but with a jackshaft, disk brakes on front and back, and suspension...

Now, I'm stepping up. I already have a 4 stroke, and I just have to work out the details about fitting it on the trike.

It's a Kent Alameda, I found it on Craigslist for cheap, and it was in immaculate shape. I really couldn't say no.

So, stay tuned to my story... 4T Trike build coming up!!!!
Old 04-02-2016, 08:51 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Finally, about to start my first ticycle build

KOOL can't wait to see what you come up with.................Curt
Old 04-05-2016, 08:29 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

Default Re: Finally, about to start my first ticycle build

Sounds like a pretty cool build. Throw in some pics when you can. Bit of a heads-up: Kent bikes tend to use aluminum frames so go a bit easy on her with installing the motor mounts. You may need to do some careful planning there. But if you can weld aluminum you're probably doing just fine. I've brazed it before and it's workable. Very different metal from steel though.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"