Can So. Cal.form a racing asso.?

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Count me in, I can offer workshops if needed. It's a great idea Turkman.
Dave of Arrow Motorized Cycles and I have been talking for a while about putting on racing clinics especially for new riders but anyone would benefit.

We would hold them on the Friday at the track before the race and if the interest is there could do other dates too.

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
bmi has those restrictor plates for $10. pretty good idea you can use 1 motor for different classes. and no one to complain [too much] sorry about rust, for thousands of years their has been snakes in the desert, both kinds. security camera's are cheep nowdays and can be set up to off site recorders or i-pads. as he knew, they were watching, tweekers everywhere out their. happens all the time in the desert, sorry again, dennis

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Standardized set of rules for tech inspection for safety and legality so racers can cross over regions and the sport is basically the same, or at least they have a bike deemed legal to a common set of rules.
I know what it means but there is only one ongoing race series in the country right now.
We can worry about standardized rules when there is more than one race.

There is nothing wrong with SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing's safety rules.

How are your Northern California races coming along?

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
How about having everyone dyno their bike on that portable dyno at the beginning of the day & placing them in different classes based on HP?
That will never work because some people don't want their bikes dynoed
because it can be hard on your motor especially the Chinese 2 strokes
and we couldn't count on the dyno being there every race.

Also it would take way too much time, many reasons why it wouldn't work and
it would be NO FUN. :)

The dyno will be used if say a Midrange bike is protested that it makes more than
the class limit of 8 HP.

Frankly the classes work as well as they can right now because of the variety of
motors and builds.

There will be a 99 / 79 cc Harbor Freight motor class that will be fairly even because
whatever you do to your motor will be less of an advantage than rider skills.

Another affordable class will be a minimally modified 212 cc Harbor Freight motor.

# 69 is the only one right now that has done that and dynoed at 10.3 HP
18 lb valve springs, bigger carb, free flowing exhaust is about all it takes.

No cam, stock piston, etc. so it's a cheap motor to race.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
sorry. didn't notice.

my bottom line is if you want my help, i'm offering it. if not, expect more of the same from the scmba.
I won't have anything to do with anything that you are involved in. :)

You are a divisive force that has caused a lot of discord and set
motorized bicycle racing back a lot last year.

None of the sponsors want anything to do with you because of your actions.
I could go on but you get the idea........

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
I don't think squabbles about he said or did is gonna make this thing work. We are a group of adults with like minds and interests and I believe we can make this happen,I've been talking to a buddy whose involved in midget racing and they have an association,it brings them together and standardizes the rules and classes so there's no guessing and they can build a bike for a particular class.Anyway lets act like adults and make this a sport to last.
If any of you are interested in this please PM me your real name, phone#and email. Later Bob

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i won't be goaded into another fight with you. you should concern yourself more with why someone (other than me) is interested in starting another racing association, or working to make the current one better.

insults, accusations, excuses, and off-topic comments aren't doing anything but hijacking what could be an informative thread.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I know what it means but there is only one ongoing race series in the country right now.
We can worry about standardized rules when there is more than one race.

There is nothing wrong with SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing's safety rules.

How are your Northern California races coming along?
Ouch, thanks.

Ok, you win you're king of the hill and you can run this stuff all by yourself until you give up and declare it's a sad day because motor bicycle racing is dead.

I have tried to rally interest up here, but nobody is really interested in putting forth any effort, or even driving far, maybe it's due to threads that go down the toilet like this one.

I give up, there's really no point in continuing conversation because it's gone to this level.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Ouch, thanks.

Ok, you win you're king of the hill and you can run this stuff all by yourself until you give up and declare it's a sad day because motor bicycle racing is dead.

I have tried to rally interest up here, but nobody is really interested in putting forth any effort, or even driving far, maybe it's due to threads that go down the toilet like this one.

I give up, there's really no point in continuing conversation because it's gone to this level.
Sorry, it wasn't intended as a dig.
I would rather talk to you on the phone but you have refused to do that because you are too busy. If you are too busy for a phone conversation how are you going to put in the huge amount of time that it takes to get racing off the ground?

Your bolded complaint is just human nature that we all deal with including myself.

I don't run this stuff all by myself. I get help and input from many of the current racers and I am not giving up. :)

I asked for your help and you shined me on.... you couldn't even take the time to make a call so why do you wonder about the lack of interest you get from others????

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
There will be a 99 / 79 cc Harbor Freight motor class that will be fairly even because
whatever you do to your motor will be less of an advantage than rider skills.

Another affordable class will be a minimally modified 212 cc Harbor Freight motor
Correct me if im wrong, but theres a
#1) 2 stroke amateur class?
#2) 2 stroke pro class?
#3) mid range class from 79cc - gc160cc?
#4) unlimited class?

I wasnt there the last race but you've shortened the laps on the finals to make room for the 2 stroke pro class?
By adding 1 or possibly 2 more classes wouldn't that shorten more laps on the finals or whats your plan to make it all fit?

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Correct me if im wrong, but theres a
#1) 2 stroke amateur class?
#2) 2 stroke pro class?
#3) mid range class from 79cc - gc160cc?
#4) unlimited class?

I wasnt there the last race but you've shortened the laps on the finals to make room for the 2 stroke pro class?
By adding 1 or possibly 2 more classes wouldn't that shorten more laps on the finals or whats your plan to make it all fit?
Dave
Not going to shorten the laps less than 10 laps ever.

The lunch time will be shortened to make it work and the
day can be extended a little bit.

I will lay out the schedule soon.
thanks

Bigboy

May 4, 2011
Placerville, California.
edit: it's impossible to have an adult discussion about racing on this public forum. so i've removed this post.
.......insults, accusations, excuses, and off-topic comments aren't doing anything but hijacking what could be an informative thread.
Do you have anything productive to say regarding our post #16?

You seem to write A LOT but what where are you going with this?

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i'm not interested in posting any more of my ideas, thoughts, or suggestions on the topic of racing in this forum.

neil has made it impossible to carry on a coherent conversation without it devolving into a childish argument.

the subject of racing has only brought out the worst in people, and i'd rather not be a part of that.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
buba here

I'll chime in
I think turk's idea for an association is a good one --as to who would actually participate and in what way and to what end remains to be seen

Neil -like all of us flaws- but all must realize and appreciate what he has done is significant and meaningful --enjoyed by so many even baird
the job of shouldering what has taken place thus far has been great
I only wish the current event schedule coincided with my life schedule -but be that what it may -I am dedicated to the bikes and all that comes of it

that said and not to be overlooked it takes a lot to organize and carry off an event and without some problems, criticism or disputes seems almost impossible

Turk if you propose a schedule of races or one to start--I am all with you --just understand going into such a venture is not so easy and carrying it off with some degree of success--well let's see what happens

you know first hand --calling for a ride when the weather is good does not always get very much of a crowd in sunny so cal.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
i'm not interested in posting any more of my ideas, thoughts, or suggestions on the topic of racing in this forum.

neil has made it impossible to carry on a coherent conversation without it devolving into a childish argument.

the subject of racing has only brought out the worst in people, and i'd rather not be a part of that.
The worst eh?
You falsely accused me of selling Arrow Motorized Cycles race prizes on craigslist.
That's about as low as it can go.
You still owe me an apology for that.

The bottom line is the vast majority of participants don't want a race with
a lot of picky rules.
A few people like you do.
It's a very fun event and SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing is going to stay that way.

The June 1st race, our 2 year anniversary and 7th race will be even better than the April 13th race that everyone had a really good time at just 5 days ago.

If anyone wants to help out PM me your name, email and phone # preferably email me at [email protected]

Anyone with web design skills please contact me to help build a web site for SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing.
Going to do a modified word press site so those skills would be needed.

Check out www.m1-grandprix.com
thanks

Bigboy

May 4, 2011
Placerville, California.

You and us had never anything negative going on!
I think we talked to you once a couple years ago, saw you twice...that's all! Right?
We try to come to the Grange race twice a year, a 1000 mile round trip each
time!
We do not post much here on the forum! We do speak up if something
seems very important to us! So far we posted about major safety issues
on some bike builds.
These races are important to us! We do look forward to go there and
have a fun weekend - twice a year.

Neil is putting on these races and he does a better job each time!
Yes, there are flaws in the system but putting on a motorized bicycle race has a lot of
variables in it and there will always be flaws!

Now, you are posting here, on the forum in the category
Motorized Bicycle Racing
that you are ".. not interested in posting any more of my ideas, thoughts, or suggestions on the topic of racing in this forum". And you have been saying this since the
beginning of this thread!

WHY ARE YOU HERE??????

Look at the quote on the top of this post!
Stop it! You talk about yourself!