huffy santa fe

GoldenMotor.com

bmxallday111

Sep 23, 2010
michigan
Hi, I'm very new to the forum. I am currently working on. A huffy santa fe (womens) cruser. Will it work well with the flying horse 80cc motor?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Women's bikes tend to offer engine/ fuel tank mounting challenges. Not that it can't be done just expect a little more work than with a men's bike. Mounting the kit supplied fuel tank can be accomplished by mounting the tank behind the seat and routing the fuel line to the carburetor. If the Santa Fe has twin down tubes then you'll have some problems getting the engine to mount and you might be better off going for a rack mount or friction drive set up as opposed to the in-frame mount. My wife owns an 80s vintage Huffy Savannah that I have looked at but abandoned due to the twin down tube design. One of our members, Silver Bear, has some succesful women's bike builds and he might chime in with some suggestions.
Tom

bmxallday111

Sep 23, 2010
michigan
It has the double down tube, and I also have the mens bike, also with the double down tube..would ihave better luck with a mountain bike or schwinn stingray? Thanks tom.

bmxallday111

Sep 23, 2010
michigan
Alright guys, should I stay with the santa fe or switch to the stingray? I'm not sure what one will be harder work, but a man that makes motorbicycles told me that I would have to A. Get a universal motor mount, longer pipe. Or B. Have to drill holes in the frame. What should I do?