where can I get these are replacement chain or Master links for my kit engine?

GoldenMotor.com

jasonleehubert

Jul 20, 2015
Beaverton
I live in Beaverton but have access to the Portland metropolitan area. I'm trying to find somewhere local where I can buy a replacement drive chain for my I think, 60 cc engine that's on my bike, can anyone help me?

usflg

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Welcome to the forum! I can't help you directly but I bet there are some builders in Portlandia who can help you out with parts etc. Check on craigslist for guys selling brand new motorized bicycles. You can always order online and they ship fast in these modern times.

Beaverton? are you sure you're not in Canada?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You might give Ace hardware a try. The one near me carries #41 industrial chain, master and half links. #41 is superior to the kit chain and will serve you well. It is stronger and less prone to twists and binding links than the kit chain.

Grainger and Tractor Supply are also good bets for chain as well as any industrial supplier of bearings, belts and pullys.

Good luck.

Tom

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I get mine from jbm chains on ebay, they sell master links, half links, and whole chain setups that sre a lot better quality and stronger than the stock kit chains, they also look a lot better since you can get them in standard black, nickel plated, or gold colored for that perfect finishing touch. I'm using a nickel plated 415H chain on my newest build and that chain is far more heavy duty than the kit chain as well as looking a lot better. I went with a half link instead of the typical master link so I could eliminate the need for the tensioner and they send everything quickly too. Their chains, master links, and half links are the kmc brand so they're definitely high quality and reasonably priced.