Fito Modena Sport

GoldenMotor.com

soberguy

Jan 14, 2015
reading,pa
will a fito modena 7 speed sport accept a standard chinese motor? i was planning the 7 speed pnama jack just to avoid coaster brakes when i came across this sharp lookin baby. reason i ask is the frame a little streched i think? cant get picture on here. any help will be fine.LIKE any HELP SOON PLEASE this money burning hol in my pocket

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Re: Fito modena

WILL STANDARD CHINESE 80 WORK WITH THIS BIKE?pino.pino.pino.pino.
I searched a pic of this Fito Modena bike you speak of and it looks like a china girl engine will work just fine in that frame, you may need to use an extanded front mount setup but there is plenty of room for the engine.

And one thing also is it isnt really a big deal but there is no such animal as an 80cc in these 2 stroke bicycle engines, what they call 80cc are actually 66cc and the 40mm stroke ones figure out to about 68.5cc, but like I said no biggy they just figure displacement different in china on these for some reason, kind of a sale gimmick I guess..lol

But yeah looks like the engine will work just fine in that frame.

One thing I did notice tho7gh was that two differentseller of these list them a bit different, one says its an Aluminum frame and another says its a Hi Tensile steel frame...shrug....!

personally Im not sure Im to fond of Aluminum frames for motorizing if it is, but hopefully its actually a steel frame and that is a much better platform in my opinion unless special care is taken when using an aluminum frame bike.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
It's an aluminum framed bike.
yeah I saw the add that says Aluminum frame but some sellers of this bike also list it as having a steel frame....shrug?

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Fito-M...bcfg=217b8ecff65a6761957b0fe963bb900a&veh=cse

since Ive never seen one personally I didnt know which was correct.

On Amazon here is there description:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J0SUCRY...iption_secondary_view_pageState_1427056973053
This cruiser bike is a stylish and attractive beach cruiser coming with a single speed to get you where you want to go.*Featuring a durable hi-ten steel frame along with high quality aluminum alloy rims and easy-to-use pedal (coaster) brake. This model is perfect for men who are between 5'2" and 5'11" tall.

Also on Amazon they do list the Aluminum model so it seems the bike can be had as either aluminum or steel

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NHCCGBY?psc=1

Last edited:

trialnerror

Oct 21, 2014
wisconsin
I have the single speed aluminum frame- but they come in steel too. the steel frames downtube may be slightly thinner that the aluminum frames downtube. my build has the four stroke engine- but i am willing to bet that the china girls will fit with more room.

http://www.bikebuyers.com/mens_crui...ong_Fito_Navi_Greenline_Nirve_Schwinn.htm#26M

just keep scrolling down till you see the steel ones.

the only reason I got the aluminum one is it had the front disk brake, and triple tree forks.

Last edited:

benmot

Mar 7, 2010
Sacramento
The aluminum with disc brakes use 24in rims. I really like that bike, but I'm afraid it will be too small. The single speed, non-disc, steel frames use 26in rims.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
The aluminum with disc brakes use 24in rims. I really like that bike, but I'm afraid it will be too small. The single speed, non-disc, steel frames use 26in rims.
The Fito is a nice thick aluminum frame with 24" rims, but 26" tall 3" wide Kenda tires stock.

You don't want to try direct it though...
This bike is just for shifter builds unless you want a mechanical nightmare.

It will take a 4-stroke and an electric motor as well so long as you use the pedal drive train.

I have new design for a 4-stroke shifter that fits in the works right now.

A lot of good parts on the Fito for $350.

trialnerror

Oct 21, 2014
wisconsin
I have had no "mechanical nightmare" once the engine was lined up correctly with the rear sprocket. But KCvale is correct, a shift kit would be much easier to do. It took me about forty minutes, and making my own motor mount to get it to work direct drive on a single speed, But hey It has over 1200 miles without a problem., So Far..

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
It took me about forty minutes, and making my own motor mount to get it to work direct drive on a single speed.
Not bad.
I can't see how you offset the engine, but if it works it works and feesable for a direct drive single speed.

For the 7-Speed dual disc Fito however jackshafting is the ticket.

It's too bad the top bar isn't twice as fat, it could have made a nice gas tank, as is it only holds 2 cups (1/8 gallon, .5L)

Last edited:

trialnerror

Oct 21, 2014
wisconsin
It's too bad the top bar isn't twice as fat, it could have made a nice gas tank, as is it only holds 2 cups (1/8 gallon, .5L)
Yes I agree, I wanted to use the top bar as a tank too. But it just doesn't seem to be big enough to be practical to go through the work for such a small amount of fuel.

I made my own motor mount with the holes set 3/8ths of an inch to the left of where the one that came in the kit were set.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
How about making a small resavor in between to hold a little more,just a thought............Curt
Thought about that too, but it's so low to the engine you just couldn't fit anything big enough in-between to add much.

A small peanut don't look to bad on the top bar though.
Actually you might want to see how I make the tank mount bolt on this disappear ;-}

This is the before shot.