Free motor to good home

GoldenMotor.com

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
SOLD -Free motor to good home - SOLD

Brand new Cag 50cc, base model, no hi-po parts. Has muffler, standard 3" clutch, clutch bell housing with itty-bitty sprocket, NT style slide/needle carb. No spark plug, no gas tank. Watcha see is watcha get.

Free. Really, no charge. Imma even gonna send it free to the lower 48. If you don't live there, don't reply.

I am cleaning up, not going to ever use this thing, the thing has a bad rep for reliability. Was going to toss it inna trash. Nah, someone could have some fun with this...

So, if you want a free motor and you really plan to use it sign up here. If you are gonna put it up for sale, please don't bother.

other side;

If more than 1 person signs up, I will draw names out of a hat. Sign up here, don't PM me. The winner can PM me their address and it'll be on the way.

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
That's cool Mike, most people wouldn't even consider shipping it for free. If I could use it I would sign up.

mike.car

Dec 3, 2013
Little Rock AR
Hi Mike B this is mike.car almost done my first mb and planning the next . Would love to put your engine in my plans so put me in the hat

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I want to give it to the school program in San Marcos that is building
motorized bikes and racing them.

I have not forgotten your support at our first race on June 18th 2011.
Thanks

Here is a pic of Jacob the shop teacher and 3 of his students that raced
on April 12th for the first time.

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Good way to relieve some lucky stiff of all his free time and parts budget!
I don't need a Cag but if I did.....

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
OK, we have 2.

I'm gonna leave this open till Wed. May 28, around 5:00 pm CA (pacific daylight savings time) about when I get home from work. I'll pick then and post the winner and runner up. I'm gonna ship the thing on Thursday. I will need an address by noon on Thursday, so if the winner don't send the runner up can win.

My last day at work is Friday and I think it's gonna be a short one so I'll probably be gone by UPS time.

Good luck!

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yup, I'm retiring, not getting laid off or fired.

I'm celebrating my new life!

I thought a good way would be to give away a new engine - :)

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Please consider this as my sign up!
That little beast would work great in my daughter's pocket bike. She wants to learn how to ride a motorcycle and the pocket bike needs a new engine.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Ok, doesn't seem to be any additional interest, and 3:30 is close enough to 5.

And the winner is - GearNut

Runner up is - MotorBicycleRacing

I will need a shipping address by noon tomorrow.

Enjoy!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Thank you very much Mike B!
I am speechless! I very rarely win any drawing.
My daughter will greatly enjoy her pocket bike with this engine in it.
Now to go and research what it takes to make a CAG reliable...

Thank you again!

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
You're welcome, my pleasure.

I would suggest no less than 25:1 gas/oil for a start. Avoid WOT. Give it a break every 15 minutes.

Really. Other than "holy crap" does this little motor have power!, I have heard nothing good about them. I was gonna put it on a friction drive with a fat roller to get some high speed thrills and then thought about the long pedal home...

Hope your little girl has fun again - :)

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Hey Mike congratulations on your retirement! For me it would be a good day and bad at the same time, I would miss my coworkers some of which I have worked with for almost 34 years but could use the extra time to get my "honey do list" a little shorter.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
What an awesome gesture "Mike B" . and in my book you should get member of the year award "if we had one" that is Not sure if we do if we do not perhaps you could be the first !

MUCH

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I wonder if thats ever been done here say the admin implemented something to that affect then took a donation from participating members and the member needs 3 votes to be considered in the running .D.K just a passing thought

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Sorry Jumpa - we don't do that solicitation for donation thing here, staff stays well away from any/all monies and/or product exchange by members or merchants.

...it's jus' cleaner that way ;)

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
you know this thread right here and the countless members that are willing to go above and beyond, is amazing...

the knowledge that members share is priceless, even if its something as simple as cutting some notches into a washer to make it stay put...its the little things that keep us moving forward onto new and better ideas

we all have to start somewhere and what better place than right here

been a proud member for a couple years now and hope to continue watching new people show up and stay

mike thanks for doing this

Micky

Jun 10, 2014
Tempe, AZ
Are you done with this? The reason is me and my 12 yr old daughter are learning and admire ring this new found hoppy of ours, because our latest one that we built is fun, but just keep having problems, and I wont let her on it until I feel that it's safe. Considering over all, that's a really nice gesture on your part, no matter who gets or got it..... I'd even pay you.

Thanks, Michael