DAX rt or mikuni vm16?

GoldenMotor.com

ridendirty

Dec 13, 2013
savannah GA
Hey, I'm looking for a good carb upgrade for my 66cc china kit. I'm getting a sbp x chamber and smaller sprocket. The two I'm looking at are the DAX rt and the mikuni vm16. Wich one will give more torque to pull my smaller sprocket?

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
the vm16 when properly tunned will give over all better prefprmance and throttle responce

the dax rt is only 15mm but its verry easy to tune if your not carb friendly and works well and is reliable.

the mikuni is not for those who cant tune a carb

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
What about the sha 16/16, does that offer performance comparable to the mikuni?
yes !! and i have been eyeing that real dellorto carb for a wile !!! its easy to tune with simple main jet swaps and its 16.16mm venturi is the perfect size in my honest opinoin.

you will need to order the lever choke version and buy a compatable throttle cable from dax or where ever

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
OK, I just might have to get that one. what size manifold does it take.
it comes with a plastic spacer so it should fit the standard intake but i would sugjest using the long steel offset z intake, it has a 16.24mm ID boar and the extra length will add to torque.

running any intake that has a smaller than 16mm ID bore will restrict it

read here i had problems with running the shorty intake on a 16mm carb as it nly had a 13mm bore

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=51960

ridendirty

Dec 13, 2013
savannah GA
the long z won't fit my bike and I think 13mm is restricting the motor, but I can't find another 16mm, so will an 18mm intake fit this carb?

Last edited:

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
sha carbs are only tunable to a certain point, with the only adjustments being idle and jet. A mikuni will allow you to change needles, needle position, jets, (i also believe it has a air fuel mixture screw) and idle. SHA is easy (I have tuned many for my bikes / my friends bikes) but Mikuni has far more potential. If you feel comfortable around these engines, id go for the Mikuni - if you want ease (and still impressive performance) id go for the SHA.