The $50 Cruiser - gas tank options

GoldenMotor.com

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
I found this tank zip tied into an 80s model riding mower. No clue to it's original use. I haven't tried sitting on this with the seat fully extended- doubt it'll work, but it's an interesting fit no less.
I think I'll use this somehow, or mount the kit tank behind the seat untill it's replaced. Don't know why I dislike it so much, but it's gotta go anyway.
I've heard talk about a material to seal PVC against gasoline. Anyone know for sure that this works? With PVC it would be easy to build two that I could trade out- grocery getter and Montana fire road distance driver.

Attachments

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Re: The DUI cruiser build- gas tank options

I have a plastic tank you can have for the price of shipping, it holds almost 2 gallons and its an old yamaha 3 wheeler tank, it can be mounted on the top bar and its the only tank you'll ever need. Its plastic, so it won't rust. PM me if you're interested.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Re: The DUI cruiser build- gas tank options

Well, I decided to just do something. I'm happy with how it came out. Kit tank and brackets, on gear rack. The original fuel cut off was bad, replaced with plastic. I trimmed that back one barb to lessen the kink in the line. Filter is accessable, fuel cut off doesn't wobble when used now. Runs good.
I found a GearNut post on PVC tanks. Looks do-able!

Attachments

Last edited: