99cc Predator Build Almost Complete

GoldenMotor.com

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
good looking build i really like the gas tank question i am about to start my build just waiting on parts to arrive the mount that came with the motor what should i do with it also can i used the bolts that came with the motor or what do u recomend

Mightyboosh

Apr 28, 2012
College Station, TX
I bought a motor mount from afordablegokart.com. But it didnt come with the frame mounts. i found two i think on bike barry that came with all the mount parts. if i can find the link again ill post it. I didnt use the mount that came with the engine.

Yes that an old yamaha tank. I got it of ebay for lke 30 bucks.

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
Thanks for the posting the pics this gives me an idea on what to look for also what size sprockted.are u using I have a 50 tooth do u think it would work or should I go bigger

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
what type of oil are u using i really want to break in this engine right i just order the rest of the parts from a g k so i could start working on it soon

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Use what the operators manual says. 10w30, non synthetic. After a good break-in, you could then change to synthetic if you desire. Personaly, I think these engines will outlast the average bike or it's builder on plain old dyno oil. LOL

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
I used the Synt. oil ,Mobil one in My first Lil 99 and drained it out into a coffee filter to see if it was wearing the rod and other things...nothing was seen so I put more in hope it'll last for Me ....

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
On Both of mine, I used dinosaur oil for break-in and after. I changed it after the first hour and after 2 more hours. There was a moderate amount of aluminum in the oil at the first change. This is normal. Still a noticeable amount in the 2nd oil draining. I like to do 3 oil changes in the first 10 hours on any new or rebuilt motor, to flush out all the particles.