My first build

GoldenMotor.com

Kestrel Motors Inc.

Oct 18, 2011
Nebraska
Hey, this is my first build, (nothing compared to what my next one will be). It's not exactly "legal", but lots of fun in parades and such. Just tell me what you think!

Kestrel Motors Inc.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
The sheave/pulley on the rear wheel seems very small, what is your gear ratio reduction? Seeing as you aren't having pedals your gearing will be critical!!!!!!! Have you had it running or ridden it yet?....... Also is that an old Villiers or Briggs or something else?

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
You also may wanna shorten your muffler, and flip the bars (they are back to front in the later pictures........ Hope the belt drive works out for you, I have a similar setup but I tension my primary belt for my "clutch", yours appears to be the opposite, do you tension your secondary to get the bike moving.

Kestrel Motors Inc.

Oct 18, 2011
Nebraska
It's a Briggs and Stratton WMB, I've had it up to 28 MPH (then the front wheel started to come off :eep: ) And I can't remember the exact ratio but it's something like 3:1, my dad and I figured it out.

Last edited:

Kestrel Motors Inc.

Oct 18, 2011
Nebraska
The engine doesn't have a throttle, and the muffler (a copper tube) already broke off and I got a new piece and made it shorter. I bars are just turned upside down, and they work, if you look in the "finished" pictures you can see they look kinda like racing bars.

Kestrel Motors Inc.

Oct 18, 2011
Nebraska
Yeah, I put double nuts on it. The engine runs at one speed, you start it up and it stays one speed. I has an adjustment on the carb, a little brass screw and that it the one jet. That little engine is SO touchy, if that screw is 1/8 of a turn one way or the other it will either choke or starve.

Kestrel Motors Inc.

Oct 18, 2011
Nebraska
Nope, the carb doesn't have any sort of throttle at all. My throttle is the belt tightener. I know most people think that's a bad idea, but I don't ride this on the road. It's more of a parade bike. No pedals and I'm underage, so if I rode it on the road, I could get busted big time. My next build, however, will have the pedals, and I'll be old enough by the time it's done to ride it. It's more of a 50's cruiser bike, with a 1 1/2 horse Clinton in it. (This bike is 1/2 horse)

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Haha you're tensioner is your clutch, not your accelerator..... But I guess it still works so good luck...... Weird there isn't a throttle but I am no expert on these engines.... If u want an accelerator you could swap carbs over if you wanted to