Loss of power after I gain speed

GoldenMotor.com

BloodOfAnAkrobat

Apr 30, 2011
Chicago
I've had a 66cc skyhawk for a couple days and have been tweaking different things so it would actually run. Each time i have taken it out it starts and accelerates fine but once I get up to speed it starts to slow down, regardless of throttle use. The only way to keep it going is to back off the throttle and then pull back on the throttle again. I cant figure out why this is happening can anybody help?

Thanks

mex7.62

Mar 2, 2011
Kansas
Check everything for air leaks. I had the same problem till I replaced the exhuast and intake gaskets, and put o rings in the carb side of the intake tube and the throttle cable top that screws into the carb.

BloodOfAnAkrobat

Apr 30, 2011
Chicago
Yeah ive checked the gaskets and read up on the float and it all seems good, but it might be that carb. The only thing on it says it's yaun dong skyhawk, but it does have the red housing. I actually have a new filter in the mail from sick bike parts if that would help

BloodOfAnAkrobat

Apr 30, 2011
Chicago
Well I tried loosening the cap and it might have helped a little but its not my biggest problem anymore. My rear wheel has too much of a wobble and my chain is trashed now.