Wont start tryed everything!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Hawk1bri

Aug 8, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
I have a china 49cc moterized bike kit. I have been running good for about 6 months. It started to back fire when I got to a sertin speed, now it wont start at all. I replaced the coil. it is getting fuel, the spark plug is wet. I replaced the plug. Regaped the plug. Checked the float. Checked the needle thing on the throttle. I hear the needle is to be on the 2ed something? I Stuck a serwdriver in the plug thing going to the spark plug and I am getting a shock. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.:-||

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Check the connectors from the mag to the CDI. I had the same problem and it ended up being the bullet connectors had loosened up causing a bad connection and backfiring.

midnight_rider

Aug 2, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Get rid of those connectors then solder up and shrink tubing,... also you will want to silicone the rubber grommet and the wires entering your motor so water dont get in and fry your ignition... ask me why I know that lol !!!

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Actually the connectors aren't bad if you give the female end a little squeeze so they're tight, after all they're the same connectors use on most aftermarket fog lights and they've got about 5 amps running through them.