another oddball thing

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Most of you know I build trying to use things I have laying around. At the moment I am building a battery pack. I am awaiting more batteries, since the first cell was a success more or less. I have a 12v 2.5ah cell made from aa nimh batteries. I just need to grow the ahs a little before i can start to really test it.

But that isn't the point of this post. I will eventually give directions if the thing works out okay, but in the meantime, i thought it might be interesting to note that aluminum foil makes a great battery connector. Just another bit of, for the most part, useless information. But tinfoil and duct tape are the basics for my battery pack. Tin foil will mold to the shape of the battery and duct tape will hold it in place.as well as hold the batteries together. At least that is how it has worked so far.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Did you know that you can buy a thrift store bike for less than the price of a bicycle tire. Just a thought, but why not buy one, strip off all the parts and store them away somewhere. You can always junk the frame, if you have a storage space problem. I have a workshop full of junkstore parts. Well I did clean all the frame parts out last month. I also promised not to buy another bike. Well not until I find a cheap full suspension one in the thrift store. There was one yesterday but it was a 26" for thirty bucks. I would prefer a 24" for twenty bucks lol. I can always find a front suspension for 15 bucks or less.

Last edited:

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
actually i,ve been checking the thrift stores , i could kick myself , there was a scooter , or e-bike hub with 2 independently freewheeling sprockets on the same side , for 5 bucks .

i didn,t buy it , now i,m kicking myself , cause its gone

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
nothing lasts long in those places. I once saw a great looking bike on Friday that would have been 1/2 price on Monday. I checked all weekend and it was there Sunday afternoon and gone at 8am Monday morning when the store opened. I feel like an employee bought it for someone else.