Are we encouraging Slavery ?

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Lots of people are looking at the unemployment and empty factories and wondering if it was all worth it. The ten dollar dress shirt is a result of open markets, but so are the unemployment numbers.

Next time we fight a war I hope it isn't with the Chinese or we will fight it naked.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Ya know, there might be some room for debate here IF the United States even tried to make a motor kit to compete with the Chinese version - but we haven't and we wont as we seem primarily concerned with it's regulation, restriction and other petty legislative issues. Under the ongoing pretext of "environmentalism" - it's about control and revenue generation... as usual.

With a broader perspective and looking more at general aspects - there has been much discussion about the flood of inexpensive products from places with lower or even nonexistent standards in quality control and worker's rights. Smaller businesses like woodshops are closing because it's simply cheaper to outsource the product overseas and have it shipped back again than to have it made locally. Because of the flood of say cheap, made in China tools - the cost of the domestic equivalent is actually rising in order to cover costs and perpetuating the problem.

While many people go on and on about how we should somehow "boycott" these things and focus on supporting products made here, that if we continue to buy these products we're "supporting" abusive regimes and even "slavery" - the fact is it's a false sense of empowerment and focused on the wrong end of things.

First off, believe it or not - you personally are not responsible for our failing economy, that would be the ongoing and seemingly endless bungling and short-sighted greed of our less than admirable political leaders. Secondly, if you purchase a foreign made product from a domestic retailer - not only are you actually supporting that vendor, they're getting a far, FAR larger profit margin from that product than it's domestic equivalent. Few of those products are actually domestic anyway, these days it's mostly just the corporate name that's "Made in the USA" and the components themselves are made elsewhere. One of my favorite examples is our beloved Harley Davidson - not only is it a hodgepodge of Japanese, Chinese, and assorted other nation's products, they "reward" our customer loyalty with a completely ridiculous prices and a seemingly endless waiting list as they ship them overseas to foreign markets. Lastly - if you can't compete, FIND ANOTHER PRODUCT TO SELL. Evolve or STFU. We're a nation of innovators right?

When it comes down to it - it's not the product or the consumer, it's the retailer. The only effective thing you as an individual can do to support our economy is to spend your money at a locally-owned non-corporate business. It makes no difference at all if you buy only "made in USA" products if you're getting them from Walmart. Global economics is such a labyrinthine nightmare of false representation and misunderstood preconceptions there's no way for the average individual to actually know where their money is going regardless of what the sticker says. Honda motorcycles are made in Ohio as a interesting example.

Who owns what? Where's your money going? Are you supporting an oppressive political structure? There's simply NO way to tell anymore, no clear distinctions between us and them save one.

Corporations - the real oppressor. Everything else is smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
We should all worry about that freedom is turning into the "illusion of freedom". Thats the real smoke a mirror thing going on here. When elected officials shove something that the throat of population who put them in office.. how the heck is that government of the people by the people. This country's ideals haven't changed just the ideas of the people we foolishly trust.

Make legislation by the will of the people as expressed over the INTERNET lol. I vote we elect Linus Thorvald president, whoever he is.

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
Toasting a bagel puts 6 people to work

BarelyAwake touched on the topic of environmental issues .

Did you know that toasting one bagel is harmful to the environment , creates enough work for 6 people for 2 years and generates $1000 in tax revenues a year ?

I see it every day at the tim hortons drive-thru . i don,t know but i must be cursed , because i always get the guy in front of me ordering the toasted bagel .

That 1 guy causes 10 cars to sit there idling for an extra 5 minutes causing harmful pollution

This causes an extra politician to be hired to debate the extra pollution created by cars idling in drive-thru,s , because of people ordering bagels

Well the politician couldn,t be bothered so he hires 5 professional consultants to do a 20 million dollar study on how toasting a bagel can be harmful to the environment and create $1000 in tax revenues .

After a gruelling 2 year 20 million dollar study , the question of the extra creation of harmful pollutants was inconclusive , but the 5 consultants all agreed that a 3% increase in gas taxes on the Monday of every long weekend , a 2 cent fee for every tomato imported from Mexico that has ripened before crossing the 49th parrallel , and putting a cheaper prize in a bag of crackerjacks , would generate the necessary $1000 in tax revenues .

The politicians can now uses this $1000 , in extra tax revenues , against their office expense allowances , so that they can write off the coffee and toasted bagel that they had on their way to work today . ( who i so patiently waited 5 minutes for again )

skipu

Aug 6, 2008
New jersey
Toasting a bagel puts 6 people to work

BarelyAwake touched on the topic of environmental issues .

Did you know that toasting one bagel is harmful to the environment , creates enough work for 6 people for 2 years and generates $1000 in tax revenues a year ?

I see it every day at the tim hortons drive-thru . i don,t know but i must be cursed , because i always get the guy in front of me ordering the toasted bagel .

That 1 guy causes 10 cars to sit there idling for an extra 5 minutes causing harmful pollution

This causes an extra politician to be hired to debate the extra pollution created by cars idling in drive-thru,s , because of people ordering bagels

Well the politician couldn,t be bothered so he hires 5 professional consultants to do a 20 million dollar study on how toasting a bagel can be harmful to the environment and create $1000 in tax revenues .

After a gruelling 2 year 20 million dollar study , the question of the extra creation of harmful pollutants was inconclusive , but the 5 consultants all agreed that a 3% increase in gas taxes on the Monday of every long weekend , a 2 cent fee for every tomato imported from Mexico that has ripened before crossing the 49th parrallel , and putting a cheaper prize in a bag of crackerjacks , would generate the necessary $1000 in tax revenues .

The politicians can now uses this $1000 , in extra tax revenues , against their office expense allowances , so that they can write off the coffee and toasted bagel that they had on their way to work today . ( who i so patiently waited 5 minutes for again )
this is a good 1 lol !!!!!!

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Saw something on The Learning Channel or The History Channel or one of those channels about how Americans live. They said if everyone in the world ate as much beef as we do, we'd need 5 earths to grow enough grain to feed all the cattle (10 lbs of grain for every 1 lb of beef).

Maybe we've had it too good, for too long, and forgot how the rest of the world has to live.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
It's funny that you should mention a drive-thru, diceman2004. Not too long ago, California was seriously considering banning all drive-thrus. They based thier view against un-necessary emissions and waisting gas. A car sitting and idling, going nowhere, is doing just that.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Oh my yes, that makes perfect sense - and hand in hand w/that let's ban all traffic lights immediately, ticket anyone stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic, and ofc arrest and immediate detainment for anyone warming their car up in the morning.

Addressing the wrong end of the problem? Politics as usual ;)

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
It's funny that you should mention a drive-thru, diceman2004. Not too long ago, California was seriously considering banning all drive-thrus. They based thier view against un-necessary emissions and waisting gas. A car sitting and idling, going nowhere, is doing just that.
Here in B.C. Canada they just passed idling length times --15 minutes--in Vernon B.C.-not sure how the drive thrus work--probably exempt--the biggest idlers are the semi truckers some all night long but they have produce.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Here in B.C. Canada they just passed idling length times --15 minutes--in Vernon B.C.-not sure how the drive thrus work--probably exempt--the biggest idlers are the semi truckers some all night long but they have produce.
Boy oh boy! If that happened around here, the Highway Patrol would have a field day during rush hour commute!

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
i,m sorry that kinda got this thread off topic .

slavery . we have been encouraging our own slavery for many years .

for one i do believe in the NWO conspiracies .

why is suicide illegal ? because you have financial responsibilities that ultimately fall on the banks and insurance companies .

the banks and insurance companies are the only institutions other than the government that make money without producing a product or a service

even the government produces a product ( roads , defence security ) , you get it

here's an example
what advantage is there to jailing someone who attempts suicide ,when it costs the tax payer money to keep them in jail ? because it acts as a deterrent for the rest of us slaves . the insurance companies couldn,t care less if you kick the bucket . they only care if it costs them money . the insurance company doesn,t pay to keep people in jail , the tax payer does

suicide = loss = illegal
act of god = no loss = they don,t give a damn
a bad health examination = loss = were sorry but we will no longer be able to insure you

this is just one example , don,t be fooled , whether you are insured for something or not the banks and insurance companies run your life .

anyone here in the free world who own a home or rent an apartment , or have a monthly bill or payment ?
reality check . your a slave .