40+mph club I made it

GoldenMotor.com

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Well fellas this build put me in the 40+ club for something other than my age. I found another bike identical to one i used for another build/post. (30bucks) Bought another identical seat so comfy (25 bucks) I had an old Jacobsen snowblower I bought at the scrap yard (10 bucks)Had to rebuild the ol walbro carb, found a kit at the local lawnmower supply shop ( 11 bucks) max torque clutch #40chain 12 tooth(25 bucks) a 12 #40 sprocket (8 bucks) 2 bearrings 2 lock collars (10 bucks) Mini bike throttle (20 bucks) small amount of angle iron, a 2' x 5' peice of sheet 14ga.(3 bucks) some left over 5/8 in hardened rod and chain. Some misc. nuts and bolts ( 2 bucks if ). Then spent a weekend making parts and assembely. When I took my 1st test ride I couldn't believe the speed so I came back to the house and grabbed the gps 43mph on a flat. After a couple of good test rides, I took it on a good long ride to see what milage would be like due to the higher speed. I filled the tank at home and road to a friends in fort wayne 90 miles from my place when I got there the tank was empty with just a bit of fuel in the line. 1/2 gallon tank Thats 180 mpg with great speed. xct2 total cost 144 bucks

Attachments

Last edited:

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Congrats! I remember fondly back when I made it to 42MPH on my first MaB, summer of 2007 in North Dakota.
Duckin low! My 2nd build used the same drivetrain and got there quicker, being bagless.

I kinda threw out that membership card and joined a new club, tho...more smiles per miles at 25, IMHO :D

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Thanks to all for checkin it out. landuse Im making a adapter to put an air filter on it , being its a snoblower engine it didnt have a air filter but thats all shes missing