8/30/2011: NBC Nightly News Story

GoldenMotor.com

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams:

They didn't say where this happened exactly. They had a picture of a Black Lab laying beside a casket. The funeral was for a US Navy Seal killed in Afghanistan. The dog walked down the isle between the rows of people, up to the casket and let out a large sigh and laid down. He was with his owner.

That story really put a lump in my throat. I just wanted to share that story with everyone.

Terry

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
This Soldier was from here in my home state. The story of his sacrifice and his pets actions at his funeral surely tug at the heart. The Iowa Hawkey football team is working with the family of this Soldier to Honor him at 2 home football games this season. The dog will be leading the team onto the field for one of the games and the second games plans are to be determined.

My hat is off to all that have served our country for my freedom. Thank you!
.flg.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I read that too. I wanted to bawl out crying in utmost respect for those who give their lives for our freedom. Seeing the owners dog sitting by his masters gasket is very humbling. Semper Fidelis-Ever faithful

josmoke21

Sep 1, 2011
illinois
NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams:

They didn't say where this happened exactly. They had a picture of a Black Lab laying beside a casket. The funeral was for a US Navy Seal killed in Afghanistan. The dog walked down the isle between the rows of people, up to the casket and let out a large sigh and laid down. He was with his owner.

That story really put a lump in my throat. I just wanted to share that story with everyone.

Terry
terry,your a good man