I never want to move again

GoldenMotor.com

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
So after this weekend I never want to move again, this was the worst move ever ( I used to work for a moving company, so I've seen some ****). However this was the most unenjoyable experience I have ever had. #1 My parents broke my brand new lawn mower (used it once) and tried to pretend it didn't happen, when confronted about it they gave me some BS story about the dog chewing on it. I spent half a day that I should have been moving trying to rewind a spun coil spring. Then the 4 y.o. comes home from her dads sick, about 2 hours later I'm sick and puking whilst still trying to move my house. Uhaul did not answer their phones, so what should have been two or three trips in a uhaul ended up being about 15 trips in my Bronco. This ended up being about the same in gas as it would have been to rent the damn uhaul. The only friend I had that showed up is actually my really lazy friend that talks a lot (bless him for being there tho). He was a distraction from accomplishing my end goal here however. Plus the weather was bad so as we moved stuff there was no order just hurry and get this **** out of the rain. Well it is done now, I can hardly walk, my head hurts, my fiance and I got in our first fight, and it all because of this ridiculous amount of stress that went down. I hate moving!

On the plus side I have a very nice, and large basement for my work so the clutter will be cut down. Also I will be setting up a saloon I have the pool table, darts, skeeball, refrigerator, and Microwave. And I shall call it the Black, and Blue Saloon, plus the other half of the basement gets to be my workshop. WootZ:-||

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I feel your pain man. I moved 11 times in 6 years, many years ago. I hate it. I did get good at it though. You are lucky to have 1 friend that showed up, even if he talks a lot. Atleast he showed up and moved something. Give that man a beer! I figured out that sleeping bags were my best friend. They will hold so much crap that you can hardly move it. I would cram as much as possible in there and drag it. I hope you can manage to keep the clutter down in your basement, but no matter how big your workspace is, it's never enough! Good luck though. I'm sure you and the miss's will be fine. When you feel like shouting and screaming, stop, breathe, and give that woman a hug! It will be good for both of you.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
LoL, it's funny you bring up sleeping bags, because until this move that's pretty much what I did, maybe that was my error I didn't use em this time! Believe it or not I can be pretty tidy but I had no work area at the old place, plus many times I was contending with the weather as you may have heard there is a lot of rain in Oregon. There were actually times where I thought I'd be good to go, started working even got an hour or so into it. Go inside to grab a beer and give the lady some attention, then bam it's raining and my stuffs getting wet. Then its just like "Quick get everything in the shed!" ,and try to remember to deal with the mess later.
As for my Lazy friend, I am still very grateful for his help. His talking may have actually helped my stress levels not be so bad when all was going awry.
My woman is amazing I wasn't kidding that was our first fight and it took an incredible amount of stress to bring out the monster in my girl. Whereas most girls I meet are simply stress montsers.......period ;). I am so lucky for the friends and family I do have and now that I'm moved, I'll get to the unpacking, and start getting the shop setup.