Update on CO2 emissions

GoldenMotor.com

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Did you know, the recent volcanic eruption in Iceland, after the first week alone, negated every single effort all Americans have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet.

It’s very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings we have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up til midnight to finish our kid's "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of our non-green cleaning supplies, using only three squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in our toilet tanks, selling our SUVs and speedboats, going on vacation to a city park instead of Yosemite, nearly getting hit every day on our bicycles, replacing all our $1 light bulbs with $10 light bulbs have all gone down the tubes in just one week.

Not only that, this single act of God has added emissions to the earth estimated to be 42 times more than can be corrected by all the extreme Clean Air Act regulations recently enacted for annual reductions.

And what about those hundreds of thousands of American jobs moved to Asia with expensive emissions demands on businesses...you know, the ones that are creating even more emissions than when they were creating American jobs...

So grab a Coke, give the world a hug, sing "Kum-by-ya" and have a nice day.
Especially you Al Gore, you dip sh_t!

lworider1

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Wow, well I guess it really doesn't matter then if I didn't do any of those things to "save the planet".

If you look back it's really kind of comical, back in the late 60's - the early 70's it was gas guzzling cars spewing pollution via carbon monoxide that was dooming the planet so we all had to buy cars with catalytic converters and burn unleaded fuel so our vehicles only produced clean water and CO2 from their exhaust. After we got that settled it was the 80's and 90's with HCFCs burning a hole in the ozone layer that was going to kill us all so do away with hairspray and HCFC refrigerants but no one would listen to the scientist that wrote a paper showing that the size of the hole in the ozone had a direct correlation to the eruptions from Mount Erebus in Antarctica because well that's not cool and we can't tell a volcano what to do. Then along came the 21st century and out of nowhere CO2, the stuff they made our cars produce in the 70's and what every living organism on the planet expels (yes folks even plants expel CO2 at night) is now the evil killer that's going to wipe us all out.

Where's it all going to end? It's not. There's bound to be something else just around the corner that's going to make us all very uncomfortable to go without but we'll have to because if we don't the world is going to end...again.

My money's on Oxygen. laff

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Where's it all going to end? It's not. There's bound to be something else just around the corner that's going to make us all very uncomfortable to go without but we'll have to because if we don't the world is going to end...again.

It's all about money. As long as humanity stays "comfortably dumb" (believing it's true because they read it in the newspaper or saw it on TV) it will never end.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
To (sorta) paraphrase another waste of space ..."Ba da da da daaaaa, I'm lovin' it".

The end is closer than you think. God speed!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Don't even get me started on this...but, if you want to see how it all works, read "State of Fear' by Michael Crichton. Then you'll understand.

"A scared populace is an easily controlled populace" Bertram Russell.

Tom