Two unrelated and off topic questions...

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
1.) Any one ever eat antelope? I have some steaks I am grilling tomorrow, how about wild pig from Texas? Just wondered.

2.) Since the shuttle program will be done in about a year, what are they doing with the space station? How will they get stuff there?

No speculations or "probably's" please, just the facts.

Last edited:

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
1. Nope, never ate antelope or wild pig. More of a Carne Asada Burrito guy myself.

2. I heard they're going to rent it out to some third worlder and outsource personel for telephone solicitations.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
#1. Never eaten antelope but it can't be much different then venison. Look at it this way, if it had hair and bled when it was butchered it's red meat and meat's always good! :D

#2. The same way they did when the shuttle program was grounded for so long, the Russian Soyuz capsule. US says they'll be ready with the Orion/Ares launch system in 2015 which just so happens to be the retirement date of the ISS. GO NASA! laff

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
....and the best answer goes to.....BAIRDCO!!!!

I'll let you guys know how the meat thing goes....as for the shuttle, I guess I'll just watch CNN. Oh wait, I don't have cable or sattelite.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Antelope is much like venison same gamey type flavor but I think the flavor is a little less. Pig from texas? The thing about pigs is they eat anything, that changes their flavor sometimes, but most times it will be sweet (well as far as meat goes anyway).
George you kinda heard right, but that is not something you wanna try with pork. Aged beef is what you get at any fine resteraunt you leave a slab of meat out in oxygen and it will start to disolve itself with an acid that is created when exposed so they leave it out for week or so (in a controled environmet) then they cut off the outer dry "jerky" and cut the slab into it's final cuts.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I think they used to cake meat with salt to keep the flies off and preserve it as well. Yea pork and chicken needs to be cooked well done for sure and quickly. Same goes for fish and seafood...pretty gnarely food poisoning can come from that stuff!

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I apprenticed as a chef in the early 60's. Very high end, very old private club.
The 7 rib prime roasts were hung in the cooler at 40 degrees for 3 weeks. The ends would sink in an inch and were cut off.

You didn't have to cut the meat. All you needed to do was push the carving knife through it. No cutting back and forth.

Steve.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Joe Wild hog needs to be cleaned correctly,if not it will be to strong to eat.The hog needs to have its scent glans on the legs removed as soon as it hits the ground.The meat needs to be washed in salt water before cooking.300 deg. on the smoker for 10 hours.If you are cooking a tender soak it in italian dressing overnight and slice into 1/2 inch pieces and soak in buttermilk and pan fry.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Well....the shuttle question remains unanswered, as does the antelope question. :)

I ate the antelope last night. Tasted just like beef. Not deer. It was very dark in color, like liver raw, and after it was grilled, it looked just like beef, but was VERY tender.

Try some!