BGF has hongdu solex clones/ review RUN AWAY

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I think everyone has formed an opinion about bgf by now, based on the vendor reviews. This thread is supposed to be about this particular kit. If anyone chances it and buys one, great.

Let's here about the kit.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I vote with Joe I want to know about this kit.

Everyone of these Chinese kits is a shot in the dark. The fact that some guys stand by them is a simple rule of economics. You charge a percentage more based on the cost of replacing a certain number of kits. That is what the so called great customer service really is. At least that my opinion when it comes to china bikes.

It's kinda like the flu shots. They give them at the health clinic for twenty bucks or you can go to a private clinic for 45 bucks. My son in law says it's worth the $25extra not to wait in line with the riff raff. LOL the riff raff is me.

So tell us about the kits. And someone else will sell the kits if there is a buck to be made from them. You can just bet on it.

joek

Sep 1, 2009
detroit
just a footnote, still have not set up a bike for the hongdu/solex yet(other projects and the michigan winter). went to order some parts from Rich Shi on ebay, and he blocked me from bidding! thought the dispute was resolved. word to the wise he is using luckyearlybird and boygofast on ebay

shearbf

May 8, 2009
Muskegon,MI USA
I have done busness with BGF repetedly for 3-4 years, along with many other well known suppliers. BGF has ALWAYS done the most that can be done to care for the buyer! They will work with you a a little on shipping rates, by email. They will get you what you want even if it's not in the catalog.
And, they will Certanly send you a new motor kit.