Huffy Cranbrook Question

GoldenMotor.com

danco

Apr 2, 2009
Vermont
Hey guys!

I'm newer to the thread and just built my first MB in January. I know, it's not the best time to ride in Vermont, but I've gotten out a couple days.

I have a 66cc Grubee Skyhawk II slant head on a Huffy Cranbrook. It rides great and has great power, but the only thing that I have noticed is that the back wheel has movementafter about 10 miles. I'd say it moves about 1/2" in either direction. Has anyone seen this before? I am planning on putting caliper brakes on this, but with the movement in the rear wheel, I think it would interfere.

Anyone have any advice? I checked the nuts on the rear axel and it is tight, chain has less than 1/2" movement, I'm out of ideas....any help is appreciated!!

-Dan

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
I suggest regreasing the rear hub. Clean all the walmart grease off and clean the rear hub, then regrease it well and make sure it all put together right and tight. If that doesnt help then I suggest buying a whole new rear wheel. 50 bucks on bikepartsusa.com

Good luck

aero07

Oct 12, 2009
Alabama
The first time I rode mine the same thing happened
to me. I just tighten everything back down and it hasn't
happened since. I just thought I didn't tighten
everything down the first time. Make sure you don't spin the wheel
before you attach the coaster brake after tightening everything.
I did notice if I spun the tire too much before attaching brake
arm it would loosen up.:-||

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
It could be a loose inner nut on the peddal side sprocket, it should not be tightened all the way but if its loose,the whole wheel will wobble. Or could be the wheel bearings.
Make sure the coaster brake arm is attached to the frame or the whole wheel will come off.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
If you've ridden that far on the original grease your bearings, races and/or cones may already be junk. Disassemble and inspect everything carefully! Really check the races for cracks and the cones for spalling, any little spot on the cones replace them. I don't know what the blue stuff the Chinese use to lube the bearings on these bikes but it sure isn't grease. Maybe it's ground up smurfs.

Seriously though really check all the surfaces, if there's any little imperfection replace the part. Or do what Tcams said and I've done, get a better rear wheel. I only paid $43 at my LBS for mine.