board track build

GoldenMotor.com

jdmpunk

May 4, 2009
ohio
no problem on the clutch but the head needs some more R@D .the clutch is a simple add on if you have a 1/4-20 tap and a 1/4" drill bit. it works great, no more slip. still working on prices maby 50 bucks for a clutch kit .my budy brought me one of thes kits to play with.{i own my own fab and performance shop. i usto build comp karts with some purtyy wicked motors. still have my old small engin dyno and flow bench. im building thoes bikes with that front end to costomer specs.they are all tig welded and the engin mounts are part of the frame. all so working on casting a new stile head wants i get the tuning right .(i just started messing with thes motors a couple weaks a go ) i thought a crankcase kit would be kool to build so you could actualy have a vintage looking v twin. i have a freeby mod for ya and its easy to do. gutt your stock pipe cut
2" off the end (muffler) make a 2" long cone 2"at base 3/4" at the tip weld a 5"L 3/4" tube to the tip of th cone and weld the cone to the shortened and gutted muffler. its a little noisy butt feel the bottom end!dnut

Last edited:

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
a few words on the clutch, i was involved on this build, kyle (aka jdmpunk) and i came up with this clutch improvement after putting on the billit head, the compresion with the new head was to much for the clutch, it slipped while trying to start the motor. upon tearing the clutch apart we found that it was only really driving on one side, the outer side under the star nut was like new where as the inner side was worn down quite a bit. by adding what i'm calling the top hat to the outer pressure plate with the 3 springs clutch performance improved 100%. you can now slip it to take off from a dead stop and the motor starts instantly when you pop the clutch. no more slipping or needing several trys to start the motor. if theres enough interest we may try for vender status and sell a few along with a head and exhaust system were working on.

Echotraveler

Aug 25, 2008
nice guys! that top hat, clutch cover and motor head will have great sales if well priced. Be sure to get a well priced tuned pipe, since they would need outsourcing from your part production costo may drive you crazy.

All in all, its great to see poeple making nice improvements to this motors.

Thanx

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
we have a friend with a pattern shop, looking into casting the clutch hat and the head, theres no way we could machine out of billit in mass. cost would be way to high. we know your all do it youselfers and won't go for high priced billit parts. i have a board track build under way that will use the E/C exhaust, will post pics when it's ready.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
!HOW! Just wanted to know do you have frames with tanks ready to sell if yes what is the selling price, if you will sell a completed bike what price would you sell them for, and what would your price be for a rolling chassis without motor, or just a frame w/tank?

Most of us are very impressed with your build, have you seen those motorized bikes built by George Whitney of Burien, Washington owner of Deuce Custom Motor Bicycles.

His bikes are built using the Worksman Industrial Newspaper Boy, The Worksman Cycles Factory Direct Store, America's Oldest Cycle Manufacturer, Industrial Bicycles and Tricycles, since 1898. I'll post a pic's of his replica Indian, Cyclone, Harley, & Excelsior-Henderson Board Track Racer's.

George removes the downtube from the headtube to the bottom bracket then welds in place a loop downtube giving the frame that original board track racer look.

Then he custom builds the torpedo style gas tanks for Indian & Cyclone.

For his Harley replica he then fabricates a box type gas tank which from all pic's that I've seen is very much like the original board track racers of that era.

His completed bikes sell for $1800.00 and his rolling chassis sell for $900.00

If you have any plans for building & selling these type of board track racers please let me know, or if you will be selling bikes like your current build would love to talk to you more regarding a purchase of one?

Pic's below are:
1. worksman industrial newspaper boy without motor or downtube loop modification.
2. Deuce Indian, with motor & downtube loop modification.
3. Deuce Cyclone, " ".
4. Deuce Harley, " ", with the box type gas tank.
5. Deuce Excelsior " ", with the box type gas tank.

Peace Crazy Horse!!!

Attachments

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
we have a frame and tank done ready for paint for the next bike. i'll post pics of it rolling and ready to ride when it's done. don't want to jump the gun here and bite off more than we can chew.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
!HOW! I like it alot what I'm seeing with your first build, I think you've found a diamond in the rough.

All the success to you guys, am looking forward to a modified chinagurl from you guys as well and a complete board track racer if and when they become available!

Peace Crazy Horse!!!

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
we should have some clutch kits ready in about 2 weeks. we want to put a really good set of installation instructions in with it. coming up with clear precise instructions will probably take longer than making the kits. it's not a hard or complicated job, but some mechanical skills and basic hand tools will be needed.

jdmpunk

May 4, 2009
ohio
been playing around with some mods and came up with this. the pipe makes some awesome low end power. this one is just a proto type, the next one will follow the frame more. been abusing the crap out of the clutch and it's holding strong.

Attachments