Morini s6s 19mm carb settings

GoldenMotor.com

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
Does anyone know what the original settings should be for the carb that comes on the Morini set-up. It's the Dellorto 19mm carb. It was running great but would stall like it wasn't getting enough gas(but was getting gas) when it was going down very long streets with out having to stop at stop lights. It wouldn't start for a while but wasn't hot. I let a kid mess with it and now it's way off. I should of known better.

Help please,

Chris

:-||

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Does anyone know what the original settings should be for the carb that comes on the Morini set-up. It's the Dellorto 19mm carb. It was running great but would stall like it wasn't getting enough gas(but was getting gas) when it was going down very long streets with out having to stop at stop lights. It wouldn't start for a while but wasn't hot. I let a kid mess with it and now it's way off. I should of known better.

Help please,

Chris

:-||
Check your filter and make sure your vent is working properly on the cap.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
As far as settings go there's always the ball park settings of 1 1/2 turns out from closed. Problem with generic settings is from carb to carb the same settings can bring different results. At least you would have a common starting point with 1.5 turns. Be sure and work on one setting at a time so you can undo things if it doesn't work.

I would think if you had to a small engine shop that repairs two-strokes that would be the place to go. Some of the stuff is so screwed up by the owners the mechanics learn to fix them, they can get you going in no time :)

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
DaveC is right, if the kid screwed the air adj tight it could ruin the carb [squished seat] and it wont idle, but it takes a tight screw to do that. but alot of carbs have been ruined that way.

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
I did the 1 1/2 turn and it started up then I had to set the idle way down. I sounds good but it sounded good before too. Pat, would the cap venting make it stall on long straight a ways? I does sound like it is starving for gas but the line is full after a stall. any guesses?

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
when it starts to stall shut off the petcock. then check to float bowl for gas. clear line sometimes fool you in that an air bubble is actually a gas bubble. [not much]

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
I was on it today and laid in the gas a bit and I saw the line starting to drain after about 10 seconds. I loosened the gas cap and down the fuel ran. I'm thinking it's the fuel cap vent not being large enough. Could this be the problem? Pat, is this what you were talking about? If this is the case what should I do. Can I drill the tiny hole in the cap bigger?

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
The cap has a breather on the underside (1/8" NPT, 7/16 wrench size). Remove it and you will find a small internal plastic check valve. My guess is there is debri in the vent hole. Pull it all apart, blow through or poke a small wire through the hole and put it all back together. Make sure the check valve moves freely, too.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
thats me i sold the cj-7 360amc th400,it just sat to much and no one wanted to wheel anymore. should'a kept the yj 4 cyl air 25mpg. the cj would guzzle the gas but was real fast. livin in lakewood ment 2 hrs to get outa town at least. not like the old day's when the 91 was open after anaheim to the desert, and gas was a buckfifty. anyhow show up at vet's next weekend and i'll buy you a soda or beer. dennis

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
I was just guessing because your name looked like a jeep. I have a 2009 4dr JK w/35 tires on it. I get a whopping 10mpg frwy/street. Looks good but runs a $10 just to go to the corner market. What's Vet's, when is it and where? What does your bike look like? Are you running a Morini?

Thanks

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
vet's is motorcycle/bicycle swap meet at the longbeach city collage veteran's stadium parking lot by the old douglas aircraft plant. its about 2/3 motorcycles 1/3 cycles [topping events.com] once a month. everyweekend usally has something. i got my morini s5n mounted in a kustum kruzer roadster and hopefully my moped hubs laced tomorrow. its been going on for about 20 yrs now and its pretty big. mostly harley's but other stuff also, lots of different bicycles but hardly any china motor stuff. but i enjoy it alot and parking is free. $10 entry $9 if you ride in. its next sunday 7 /23/11

Last edited:

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
I was supposed to go there last month. My friend Kris went there with Manny from "Old School Garage". The 23rd is my BDay, I might be able to head down there without getting in trouble unless she plans something. I'll let you know.