I'm so here

GoldenMotor.com

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
$285 complete. I have a pipe coming that I can cut and splice to fit. I have a copper fuel tank project thats been on hold waiting for this. The motor mounts are part of the tank mount, too. So I had to wait for the motor to get started on it all.

I got a new camera so I'm going to try to photo as much as I can :)

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Motor came in the mail today :D

Mine's different with a silver head with less fins. It's off a KTM and has the aluminum head and cylinder. I saw a photo of it at MoriniUSA on a late '90s KTM. Interchangebility was another reason for getting the Morini; a hybred watercooled head is in the future plans.

Looks like this motor will fit my Mongoose Paver bike better than the Chinee motors. I have 4 of the long coupler nuts to use the head studs as a mounting point, too but I think most of the weight will be supported by the head mount. This model has no front mount so some figuring will have to be done. I'm thinking that the motor can be mounted very upright, guess I'll have to see :)

Last edited:

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Nope. First big difference is no front mount on my motor. Second the spark plug wire comes out of the cover lower down. Third the cylinder is black. Fourth, there is a different cover on the kickstarter with a "boss" of somekind right above the kickstarter.

Morini Franco USA

The first bike pictured has the motor I have.

edit: I just checked it out. Despite the case saying it's a S5N it's the steel S5E cylinder. I used a magnet to be sure.

Last edited:

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
The first problem. No room for the header, maybe. If I raise the motor on the seat post as high as possible and still leave room I might be able to cut down and make the head pipe turn the corner without having to notch the frame. If I had to notch the frame I'd have a "U" shaped piece welded in to fill the hole in the down pipe but I'm really hoping to avoid that.

Second problem. The throttle cable is too short being it's from a pitbike. With the Chinese throttle assembly would a Chinese cable work on the Dellorto carb?

Third, I'm going to have to get the wider crank set-up. I'm thinking the sick bike parts extended crank shaft should work. The crank looks to be of the smaller "cartridge" type so it should fit.

Hopefully photos upcoming :p

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Well, I'm going to have to tear it apart so I'll let you know.

Been kinda sick the last couple of days but feeling better. Going to really start on it tomorrow. I have a tendency to study things for a while before I start on things but I think I got a good idea where this is going. .bld.