NOS Bike Bug For Sale

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Several years ago I had a pristine one like that in the original box, papers, etc. mounted on a Schwinn American Deluxe... put the engine alone on ebay and got somewhere around $300.00 for it as I recall. More than I ever imagined it would bring. This was to someone with deep pockets during one of the gas price spikes. They're nice, well made little motors made by Tanaka of Japan, but now harder to get parts for.
SB

Mr. Embrey

Oct 17, 2010
St. Joseph, MO
Wow, I didn't think this thread posted. Sorry if it posted several times. I doubt it'll even fetch close to what yours did, given todays economy. If the area around here didn't have so many steep hiils I might have kept it and used it.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Yep, ya ran afoul of our anti-spam as ya tried to post a link in yer first post ever - we hadta check ta make sure you were human an' all ;)

Still, it's sorted now & I kinda wish I wasn't just starting another project else I'd be all over that deal :D

Mr. Embrey

Oct 17, 2010
St. Joseph, MO
Yeah, sorry about that. I'm a member of another bike forum, and I like it when I get a heads up on bikes/items that I'm interested in. I thought you all might feel the same way. I bought this along with a nice classic road bike at an estate sale as a package.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Thanks for the awesome pictures!

I bought a non-running complete BB on a 3-speed Huffy for $35.00.

Parts are expensive, though.