Indian board track racer

GoldenMotor.com

Lee Perry

Jun 23, 2014
England
I put the engine in the bike so i could work on the belt tension arm and also so i could get a feel of how the bike will look

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Lee, that is becoming one very sweet-looking motorbike! I've always like how vintage bikes look when they are red with white tires. Very impressive.

Lee Perry

Jun 23, 2014
England
Made the belt tension arm on the Indian. This side of the bike was looking empty but i think it fills in the space quite well

Lee Perry

Jun 23, 2014
England
Ive been thinking about how i want ot do the decal on the tank. Ive seen people use these.

But i wanted to do something a bit different, and on a lot of the old bikes they used gold leaf. Has anyone had any experience working with gold leaf?

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Old sign painter here. Back in the 60's they used to paint what you wanted on then while the paint is still tacky you addhear the gold leaf. It used to come in a booklet like on wax type paper. i don't know how you by it now but back then used to have to by the hole booklet. Spendy my be best would find a painter and have it done. Find a good pinstriper and let him do it,they should have a booklet. It can also be siral polished (engine turned with great care )..................Curt

Lee Perry

Jun 23, 2014
England
Ok so i havent updated this project in a while but in the last few days ive done a lot heres what ive done over the past few days.i finished up welding the frame for the indian getting it ready to paint. I painted the tank and i like the colour its not too bright not too dark .but i ran out of paint so i cant paint the frame yet

Lee Perry

Jun 23, 2014
England
I managed to paint the Indian frame in primer and put the wheels and bars back on. I also painted the bars and i think they came out quite good . Im getting ready now to do the decal on the tank in gold leaf. I've never used it before but hopefully all goes well......

Lee Perry

Jun 23, 2014
England
First time using gold leaf and i think it came out quite well. Im going to clear coat it and go round the edges with black. Now ive got to do it all again on the other side

Im trying to finish up the bike to make it presentable to take to a show on the weekend

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Lee Perry - England - plunger sprung moped in one of the pictures. Not in NACC or something, are you?

Lee Perry

Jun 23, 2014
England
Lee Perry - England - plunger sprung moped in one of the pictures. Not in NACC or something, are you?
No im not in the NACC, in the picture is a Norman nippy and a raleigh rm5. I had never herd of the NACC before i just looked it up and sounds like something i should join :D

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Visual cortex, excellent, manual skills, a long way from it.

But! I struggle on. These are from a period a long time ago, when the idea of a fun bike made from old bikes and engines was just a pipedream. Now, well, who knows?

I'll get the Mk1 out of the way first, and then set about a Mk2 once the dust has settled.

Wiltshire, fancy coming down to the blues festival at Swanage this coming weekend? Free gigs, and the chance to be horrified by a deranged slide player :)

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
If I built it, there would be a lot of flat sheet and strip involved. I know a man who has much old stuff in his collection, if I could just buy the one French vintage bike off him, my input would only need to be 2 stroke mix.