New BTR build

GoldenMotor.com

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Flying Dutchman, I just realized that you and I are within a few miles of each other. Maybe we will meet up this season sometime and ride. I'm about to schedule the first meet and greet of the year... keep an eye on the events section for Denver Rides. (^)

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Thank you. Yes it's my first build. The way I figure I just keep sawing, drilling and sanding till it looks the way I want. What is not shown is all the scrap aluminum that fell into the, "Aww CR*P!! That's not right!" trash bin. :oops:
Maybe next time use some plywood first to put in the scrap bin,been there and done that .".............Curt

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Thank you. Yes it's my first build. The way I figure I just keep sawing, drilling and sanding till it looks the way I want. What is not shown is all the scrap aluminum that fell into the, "Aww CR*P!! That's not right!" trash bin. :oops:
Ha, Typical that the 1st build is actually built 3 times over.

The good news is the 2nd build usually only takes 2 times...

Looking good,

-Kirk

Flying Dutchman

May 21, 2014
Westminster, Colorado
What do you call it when you would mount a small wheel rim on to the spokes of a wheel to be used as a large belt pulley? I have seen pictures of that but no explanation to how it was done.

Right now I'm at a cross roads as to what I want to do next. Use the conventional additional chain gear on the left side of the wheel, shifter type drive setup or a belt pulley system.

I'm starting to like the pulley belt system simply because it looks more vintage IMHO but I'm not sure of the pros and cons using it yet. That is why I would like to know more about it.

Thanks

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
You need to do some looking in older buils:
Take surch Harry's filler beach cruiser
And right here in the board tracker front page: MrB's quickly project #2 1903 Harley: and. Also his Excalibur 09' . All done useing a old bike rim for a rear wheel pulley and belt tighter clutch. And you can also buy a Wizzer pulley just surch for oone and they are on eBay or you can get them right from Simpson,Wizzer bike parts place............Curt

Flying Dutchman

May 21, 2014
Westminster, Colorado
Thanks guys. Yea I know what I want but like I said I still don't know all the terms used to search that particular item. I was using pulley, wheel pulley, belt drive and such.
Found lots of pictures but no mention of where to get the parts.

Flying Dutchman

May 21, 2014
Westminster, Colorado
It's ALIVE, it's ALIVE!!! How cool is this!! I was riding around on it a bunch yesterday. Still not sure about the whole pedal thing with a 4 stroke. Almost seems silly and overkill if you ask me.

More than a few people have already asked about it at the places I stopped at. One guy even followed me for a bit to want to know more.

I'll post some pictures of it later tonight. Boy, for my first build I could not be more excited on how it turned out.