H_e_l_p__m_e__p_l_z_!!

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
looks like you just need to take a break then look at the chain if you didn't break the chain its just not on right you need to loop it out side. That didn't sound right did it.
If you did not take the chain a part and it was on the bike right before you took the rear tire off you just need to get the loops out then the chain can be worked back to the out side.
I'm not sure how you did that good work!
Norman

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I don't think he broke the chain I think if he will unravel the rear derailleur and the loops in the chain it should go back on the bike, that is the bikes pedal drive chain.
At least I think that is what he has done.
That is a dandy looking mess right now.
Hard to really tell from the pictures and he hasn't said just what he was doing to get it that way.
I'm going to title that "when chains attack" get out the chain breaker and teach that naughty chain a lesson.
Sorry I had to do that just messing with you hope you do get it figured out. It made me laugh!
Norman

Last edited:

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I'm not sure what you are trying to do here. The pictures aren't helping all that much.

If the bike was ridden before, and you just took the wheel off, the chain should be OK. If your chain is bound up, flex it lightly side to side. If you can't figure out how a chain goes on, just look at another bike.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
this may help

with the bike right side up looking at the rear sprocket

looking at the front sprocket

turn your bike right side up and grab your chain get it to look like this maybe put on the rear tire see the derailleur is in a wad

I have the chain over the rear and front sprocket derailleur is still at the bottom in a wad

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
now you can get the derailleur straighten out it will fight you because of it being spring loaded if you can get your chain this far you should get it figured out. hope this helped
Norman

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
in the beginning of your pics you have the chain upside down,you need to twist them and get it right side up,just flip the chain around.
if you cant do that,have someone help you or get a chain breaker and they sometimes come with a master link to put it back together(chain breaker and masterlink walmart$5)

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
Your chain must run inside the frame. You should not be able to remove your chain without disconnecting the chain. It should always be wrapped around the frame members of your bike. From your back wheel the top run of the chain shouldrun inside the frame and the bottom run of the chain should stay outside of the frame.
Hope that helps.

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
in the beginning of your pics you have the chain upside down,you need to twist them and get it right side up,just flip the chain around.
if you cant do that,have someone help you or get a chain breaker and they sometimes come with a master link to put it back together(chain breaker and masterlink walmart$5)
I have breker, need master link.
I might go to the bike shop see what they can do. I just wnat to get a mater link lol:-||

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
weekend,

Actually you don't need a master link.

If you use your chain breaker correctly, you can put the chain back together.

Press one of the chain pins out just far enough to allow the links to separate. The pin will remain in the plate opposite the push direction of the tool.

Tip: When first pushing the pin out, it will be tight for about one turn. Then it will be easy for several turns. The handle will then get tight again as you attempt to push the pin completely out. You don't want to push it all the way out, so when the handle starts to get tight the second time...Stop! and check to see if the chain will come apart. If not, move the pin in small increments with the tool until the chain separates.

Get your chain sorted out, and then use the tool to push the pin back in. No master link, or trip to the store, needed.

Jim