Grubee bike kit problem

GoldenMotor.com

kr632

Apr 13, 2009
buffalo
I just got a grubee kit from gas bike . Net. The instructions they tried to give me didn't got to my bike I don't think. I have three wires coming out of the engine (white black and blue)and two coming out of the magneto (black and blue) I attached the black and blue together like it said. I also have two wires coming out of the kill switch (green and yellow/red) what kill switch wire goes where?

I also have the high performance carb(blue cone with 3 tubes) the directions did not cover the carb. It comes with what looks like a switch to change gears that runs to the top of the carb next to the throttle cable. I have no idea how to do anything with this carb or where anything goes.

I pedal and release the clutch and I just slow down and hear it turning but no spark

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
First you have it wired wrong. Black goes to black and one of the kill switch wires then blue to blue and the other kill switch wire. Cap the white wire off it is a 6 volt output for a light. The cns carb uses a enrichment instead of a choke, when you open the lever it add more fuel during start up. Mount the lever on the handle bar where you can access it easy. With the cable in the choke is off, good luck.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This is the way you''re supposed to wire it. Ignore the white wire coming out of the engine. That's for the lights.

kr632

Apr 13, 2009
buffalo
Thanks. I wasn't clear with what I said, my bad. I had the black to black and blue to blue.

Which kill switch wire should I connect to the blue wire and what to the black. Kill switch wires are one green one yellow/red

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
One to blues the other to blacks, doesn't matter which kill switch wire you use first. The kill switch is a normally open switch, when you push the button it completes the circuit and grounds the electrical circuit and it stops firing the plug.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Thanks. I wasn't clear with what I said, my bad. I had the black to black and blue to blue.

Which kill switch wire should I connect to the blue wire and what to the black. Kill switch wires are one green one yellow/red
Doesn't matter which wires you use on the kill switch. All they do is short the blue and black wires together when you push the button.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Take the spark plug out and lay it on the head with it plugged in the boot and spin the rear tire and watch for fire.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Be careful doing that though. If the spark plug is not grounded it can blow your CDI.

When you're trying to start your bike open the throttle at least half way.

kr632

Apr 13, 2009
buffalo
Ok it's out right now sitting on top of the head connected to the wire. Clutch is disengaged and I'm walking it around. There is no spark.

kr632

Apr 13, 2009
buffalo
I meant engaged. The engine is turning but no spark. Sorry if I'm not very clear I'm a little frustrated. The directions had me putting stuff on wrong and I threw out my back putting this together. I'm gonna try a diffrent plug

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Ok it's out right now sitting on top of the head connected to the wire. Clutch is disengaged and I'm walking it around. There is no spark.
The clutch needs to be engaged to turn the engine over, of course you know that.

kr632

Apr 13, 2009
buffalo
The clutch needs to be engaged to turn the engine over, of course you know that.
I know I'm just frustrated. I've been working on this since noon and the directions I was given were crap and I threw my back out. This is my 3rd build and this has given me the most problems by far

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Don't let it get to you. These bikes are very easy to work on and understand. Don't get in a hurry.