Buyers Beware of MotorBicycleRacing

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
Tell you what Call Neil Up and discuss it with him.
I don't own this forum, but if I did and that buyer met that seller in this forum. I would ban the seller from the forum and make him email me if he would like the ban to get lifted to find out why he is treating the buyer like that.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
We are not a customer service department nor the better business bureau, we do not inherently recommend our sponsors or those that choose to advertise here otherwise, nor do we condemn those with apparent questionable business activities, member or merchant. We as forum staff cannot act on, let alone ascertain or establish the validity of marketing claims or customer complaints, we'd be so overwhelmed with conflicting reports from both sides our only recourse would be personal experience - of which is limited and subject to our preference & thus bias, which we do our best not to act on in deference to our rules: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=2

What we do is provide a place for you - member and merchant alike to provide your experiences for the benefit of all. As your cumulative experience far outweighs our own, we actually often base our personal purchases on your feedback rather then the other way around.

I truly believe this is the only recourse fair to all our membership.

Should our forum's rules be broken we take action - should that action be ignored, that's when & only when bans happen. I would suggest that rule 1 is considered most carefully of all.
...as I believe we were posting at the same time.

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
I haven't posted in a while but Neil is good people, quirky yes but honest. I hope this is just an oversight on his part. I know in the past he's bent over backwards to help me. It was mentioned earlier in that he is a phone person and there in no truer statement lol.

Dan L.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
or he's out of the country?

Keep trying to contact him (& keep us posted). :rolleyes:
Did his Visa Expire?? JK JK *backs away slowly* :D

Naw Neil will take care of you. He has a reputation to uphold. Way too much buisness on that line. You will get it. Motorbicycleracing has become a Kali sport!

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
To be fair I received the motor and parts from MotorBicycleRacing today via USPS. Everything was well packed and is what I expected to receive from the beginning.

My point about sending a personal check for payment is that if the seller doesn't hold up their end of the bargain and then won't answer any attempts to contact then you are stuck. I felt my only recourse is something like this forum. BTW a day after posting on this forum the seller started returning emails and followed through with the sale.

It is not my desire to continue dwelling on the past. My lesson is to refrain from sending personal checks for payment in the future.

As for buying from Neil again?.........sure I will do that but he will have ship it first and I will send payment...........whenever I feel like it.

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Try sending a USPS Money Order to vendors most often they give a LITTLE! Discount.

I think you are still Harboring some Ill feelings making a comment like that "Whenever I fee like it" sure you didn't get the engine when you wanted it but you did get a Bad Ass Engine, I don't think you'll want to play yer luck with an engine on eBay there are only a few out there that will have your best interest and they are hard to spot.

I hope you like your engine ? Mine is Great! I cleaned up the ports and fins today and will paint the cylinder tomorrow.

I take a little extra time to clean up the cylinder fins and engine case for aesthetical purposes.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Brown....I doubt he wants to deal with you again.....meaning you caused too much of a stir

Last edited:

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
glad you got your parts... that's great news... I think all the negative attention speeded things up for you!! youd still be waiting if you didn't start this thread, and I think you helped a few people from encountering the same situation!!
good luck with your build!!hope the parts are better then the service!

glennbo

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
Hi brown!

Send him a thanks in an email and apologize sincerely if you did or said anything that was inappropriate. It's the right thing to do. Glad you got what you paid for. And yes always use postal money orders if you cant do the card thing. Oh and add an apology to this thread too. For an understandable but somewhat insane thread. lolol Careful about burning bridges, especially if you be standing on it! Change the title too if you can, maybe something like, "browns explosion". lololol

Dave
AssembleThis

.duh.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
neil is the W in weirdo but those of us that know him have to agree he is not a thief. strange things happen with him? certainly, all the time, just like dating a stripper, but not nearly as much fun. but sooner or later you will be lost in space... with neil. i would not think twice about buying anything from neil... shipped from mar's of course. dennis

Last edited:

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
Hi brown!

Send him a thanks in an email and apologize sincerely if you did or said anything that was inappropriate. It's the right thing to do. Glad you got what you paid for. And yes always use postal money orders if you cant do the card thing. Oh and add an apology to this thread too. For an understandable but somewhat insane thread. lolol Careful about burning bridges, especially if you be standing on it! Change the title too if you can, maybe something like, "browns explosion". lololol

Dave
AssembleThis

.duh.
I will do not do anything of the kind. Everything I stated was fact and honest.

He fell on his own sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.