I got Lights!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
I bought a Schwinn Breeze ladies bike at a thrift store that had the front and rear lights with the little generator that runs off the rear wheel to supply current... I took the bike apart to clean it up ( it 's still apart ) gotta get tires, they're a hard to find size. I got to thinking that the lights would work off the WHITE wire.... and so I installed them on my Schwinn Cruiser ... and GUESS WHAT?.... they light up perfect... I'll guess; that Schwinn Breeze is 40 or 50 years old...I am thouroughly impressed with my ingenuity.... LOL.... IT WORKS...!!!!!

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
Congrats to your lighting efforts! I removed the front and rear lights from a 70s Motobecane bicycle generator system and mounted them both on my motorized cruiser via the whitewire. I interupted the wiring with a tiny toggle switch to give me an option. Both lights work fine like yours with no effect on the motor.

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
Congrats to your lighting efforts! I removed the front and rear lights from a 70s Motobecane bicycle generator system and mounted them both on my motorized cruiser via the whitewire. I interupted the wiring with a tiny toggle switch to give me an option. Both lights work fine like yours with no effect on the motor.
Thanks for the reply, I was just thinking about a toggle switch to make an on/off switch for the lights.... cheers...
bob