Wicked Choppers

GoldenMotor.com

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Yeah,
Alot of Chopper Bicycle Designers are jumping into the MB world with their way-out frames...

Other than designing their frame with two welded-in angled tubes to mount the motor, they aren't doing much.
Problem is, these guys are used to going 10 mph on choppers with wicked rakes and 6 foot long forks.

Putting a motor on bike like that, is a recipe for a modified skull. Picasso Head, Anyone?

This is why I am building a bobber frame based on Performance First.
You still get the look and the cool factor....without the imminent hospital visits.

Disk brakes are a must for me, as well as proper rake. My frames will have this readily available.
There are more performance and safety related things on the way from me as well.

Man, I gotta get this new bike done and get my website going!

'BrettMavriK

Attachments

Last edited:

joe-craft

Aug 6, 2008
i dont see what so bad about long forks or the rake, my bike does just fine, and i have better handling and turning with it then i ever did with me mountain bike.

Attachments

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
i dont see what so bad about long forks or the rake, my bike does just fine, and i have better handling and turning with it then i ever did with me mountain bike.
I doubt that very much...

But from the looks of it, your frame that you welded doesn't appear to have a very extreme rake like I have seen in others. It's bent where you butt welded the tubing on to lengthen the fork, so if I draw an imaginary line from the top of the neck to the axle, you appear to have an angle of about 38 degrees.
(And Please tell me you inserted inner steel sleeves in those fork tubes at the weld point, and plug welded in at least 4 places per tube, and then did the seam weld with good penetration...)

Now what really comes into play is what Bikeguy Joe said: The Trail...
Your wheelbase appears to be over six feet long, and it looks as if you are using 26" wheels.
If I had to guess, I'd say your fork is 38-40" long (and that measured at the top of the frame's neck to the axle.)
I'm guessing, so maybe you could fill us in...

This would respectively put your trail in at over 10 inches. Safe workable trail in the chopper fork industry is 4-6 inches. If my calculations are correct, I know exactly how your bike handles. I experimented with a frame/fork combo that ended up with over 10 inches of trail. the front wheel wanted to flop in its' side and handling was poor.

But like I said, I am guessing on your specs here, I could be way off.

'BrettMavriK

Last edited:

joe-craft

Aug 6, 2008
yes i did have inserts on the forks, and not only the forks the enitre frame itself, i didn't skip on strength, i use a 26" wheel in the back and a 24" wheel in the front, oh and nothing on the bike in butt welded, everything and a inner pipe going through it,

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Northwest Fantasy Island?
I see they want 250 for a motor kit and say that the bikes with motors are legal in all 50 states.

Last edited: