Awwww sh....

GoldenMotor.com

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I'm guessing jazz has something like this in mind.

Here is a picture:

I know this sounds like an old man, but I see you have got previous bikes up past 50mph, so take it easy out there on the test track when you get this one built. Once you get past 50mph, I would recommend full leathers if you have access to a set.

Good Luck,

Gilbert

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Jeeze guy's, exactly how fast do ya need to go on a BICYCLE? 40-45mph Aint fast enough for ya? If ya gear it and tune it right a 66/80CC can hit 40 easy enough. If ya wanna go faster, GOOD GOD,Get a motorcycle.
fatdaddy.dnut

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
It's a pity there's so much bureaucracy over here, I'd love to see more self build bikes about.

jazz2561

Sep 20, 2012
Huntsville, AL
After welding, I noticed something, the bike looked...kinda short. So I checked the wheelbase and...45 inches. The wheelbase was supposed to be 52 inches. This meant, awwww sh...so, I cut, grinded, beveled, and welded in another 7 inches, it did not turn out to bad besides welder problems, and me not being able to feel my feet:

If anything I can tell you, keeping this thing aligned with out clamps for the jig and magnets is a mother.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
How about clamp some 2x4's along side the wheels and maybe the top,would help keep it inline. Looking good so far.............Curt

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
That's too bad about the frame breaking. That was one of my biggest concerns when I modified my bicycle frame. I am not a professional welder, so I am always scanning my frame with a flashlight to see if there are any cracks. The thought of a failed weld joint at the steerer tube at speed sends shivers down my spine.

I'm sure you'll get it all sorted, but I heard when mig or tig welding, the metal just next to the weld material is actually the most prone to breakage, not the weld itself. Also, I used torch welding with brazing the joints, so not the same as what you are doing, but I internally sleeved all the joints. That seemed to help a lot. Your bike frame tubing is looking kind of thin in that picture.

Good luck, can't wait to here about the first test run,

Gilbert