Villiers Board track racer

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I concur with Anne. While it is in bare bones mode it is easiest to see the lines of the bike. Is there a way to tilt the engine so that the bottom line formed by the base of the engine repeats the line of the (what do you call that frame part... the chain stay?... what leads to the dropouts.) Not a big deal, I guess, but if it were mine I'd like the two lines more in accord with each other. I like that engine.
SB

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I am thinking that the head tube is to straight up and down, do a search rake and trail. Looks awesome ............Curt

Villiers

Sep 2, 2014
UK
Thanks Curt will do, the front rake is something I'm going to revisit. There was a thread on here I've been searching for for days? Anyone? Diagram and measurements.

As for the frame, it's 4130 tube and tig welded, fingers crossed

Villiers

Sep 2, 2014
UK
Interesting reading Curt, thanks.

Hilliard clutch proving difficult in the uk,
Might be a US purchase

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
...a very talented 15 year old boy! I wish there were a build thread somewhere to refer to. Twin 98cc midgets of the later design, yes? Beautiful, clean build.
SB
I'll try to see if I can find a build thread for this bike and if I do I'll post the link for it. And yes it's a beautiful clean build alright :)

Apparently it won a prize at a motorcycle show which comes as no surprise at all really.

Edit: Found this on You Tube...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZKXa9PQSMk

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Nice to see in the little video the appreciative old timers admiring the young fellow's bike. Hard to believe, perhaps, but they were all young fellows, too, once upon a time...
SB

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
He's currently experiencing The Joy Of Children. He hopes to get back to making things before he forgets what his tools look like.