carb question

GoldenMotor.com

poloste

Jun 11, 2013
uk
Hi everyone this is my first post although I have been on the forum for about 6 months now. I have a motorized bicycle and im in the uk. My question is im looking to upgrade my standard nt carb for my 66cc china girl. And want some advice as some people seem to say yes its a good upgrade and others say not to bother as the standard carb is good enough. My current set up is
66cc china girl done about 400 miles on it now and have ported the intake and exhaust I have a sbp expansion chamber and high performance air filter,also I have sanded the head a little to increase compression. I have opened up the transfer ports a little (didnt want ti go to mad) and I have cut a slot in the piston skirt so it clears the port at tdc. I also have a jack shaft kit . So my question is what do people recomend as far as carb upgrade goes. Should I upgrade or not and if so what do I upgrade too? . Oh ment to say I have also fitted a 68jet in the nt carb and I have no 4stroking at all

thanks in advance
steve

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Lots of people here seem to like the 18mm Mikuni...
I know from my dirtbike experience that Mikuni makes good stuff, although I have no idea if it's a performance gain on these chinadolls. Looks to me like the nt is working well for you. Why "upgrade" if it runs good? Unless you have ported the cylinder fairly radically to take advantage of it, a bigger carb won't make much difference in power.
You might consider a reed setup or race ported cylinder.
I'm wondering just how fast you want to go on a bicycle?
Look into Morini, Arrow, or Dax for real power gains

FMB42

Sep 27, 2013
Idaho
While I'm a long time fan of Mikuni, I'd agree with Maniac57 in that you might want to save your money by just staying with the standard NT (Mikuni carbs are pretty expensive if you ask me). Having said that I would suggest that you look into the NT Speed carb (~ $25 in USD) and some of the reviews it gets in here (good, bad, and indifferent).

But again, I'm a long time fan and user of Mikuni carbs on a wide variety of motorcycles including dirt, street, MX, and RR types.

poloste

Jun 11, 2013
uk
Lol as far as how fast I want to go on a bicycle ummm dont really know I just know I have caught the bug alot of people seem to catch after they buy one of these little engines and I just want to see how far I can take it without spending silly money on it. It jus abit of fun for me at the end of the day. Anyway back to the carb to be fair the nt carb I have does seem to be set up really well for the size of it but I am jus looking into my options really and have spent the last week or more looking around on this forum but could not really find any conclusive answers as to what people are upgrading too if at all.

poloste

Jun 11, 2013
uk
Lol as far as how fast I want to go on a bicycle ummm dont really know I just know I have caught the bug alot of people seem to catch after they buy one of these little engines and I just want to see how far I can take it without spending silly money on it. It jus abit of fun for me at the end of the day. Anyway back to the carb to be fair the nt carb I have does seem to be set up really well for the size of it but I am jus looking into my options really and have spent the last week or more looking around on this forum but could not really find any conclusive answers as to what people are upgrading too if at all.

poloste

Jun 11, 2013
uk
just want to see how far I can take it without spending silly money on it. It jus abit of fun for me at the end of the day. Anyway back to the carb to be fair the nt carb I have does seem to be set up really well for the size of it but I am jus looking into my options really and have spent the last week or more looking around on this forum but could not really find any conclusive answers as to what people are upgrading too if at all.