Pz19 carb.

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I just ordered a carb that I'm gonna experiment with when I get the time, may be wasted $'s but I wont know until I play with it a bit, its a clone carb calld a PZ19 I have no idea what the jetting in it is, im pretty sure its gonna be way big for the HT engine, nothing some solder or pinging the jet and some wire gauge bits cant cure in that department though.

If anyone else has used this carb please ring in and let me know what your results were, will have to build a manifold and see what kind of cable I'll need but those are simple stuff.
Anyway we'll see how this goes.

Map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Heres another
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PZ19-19mm-C...CI%2BUA%2BFICS&otn=21&pmod=180730127677&ps=54

48 mm wide- too wide?
obviously won't just tighten down onto an intake- or fit intake studs
anyone know of an adapter?
I will be building an intake for the carb, not sure I will get this carb tuned for the. 2 stroke engine but I hqve qll the tools I need to mod the jets so im hoping I can manage to get a good tune on it.

If I do aill share the info with whoever wants it, ill take picw of the intake build also, that part will be simple as long as someone hqs the right tools.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Got the PZ19 carb today, nice looking carb, throat is different than I had expected though, the throat is oval shaped, it is 19mm at it height and just a tad over 14mm at it width, I'm no pro at the figures here but I would think this would be an equivalent to around a 16.5mm round hole as far as total area of opening.

may not be as big as I want on my engine build, I will test it when I get intake set up decided on and if it doesn't perform as I would like I will order larger size of same carb and give that a try.

I am puzzled at thread size of main jet, maybe someone here that has more experience with the round slide carb types can ring in here and share some light on this small and seemingly odd thread size of the main jet.

map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Here are a couple more images of the carb.

Here is the bike I plan to redo and put the Dax balanced lower on along with a new ported jug, new expansion exhaust, this PZ19 or possibly larger carb with a custom made intake or at least part of it will be, may use the Freds plenum as the base on the engine and then build a flange that can connect carb to Freds Plenum will large fuel hose, this bike will get nice front suspension forks and new paint at some point, its already got a 34T Kings sales and service sprocket on it that may do what I want, but if not I'll likely go with a 30T, and at some point I may go with a shift kit on this bike, not sure about that one yet though.

Map

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
That's a good carb for the money. When it's tuned right you will be happy. I run the same one on a 100cc four stroke.... It moves.... Next carb is the 22 mm on a built 100cc

Keep us posted on the results....

Btw I seen venice try to run a 28mm on his race bike.... That's a big toilet for sure...

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
That's a good carb for the money. When it's tuned right you will be happy. I run the same one on a 100cc four stroke.... It moves.... Next carb is the 22 mm on a built 100cc

Keep us posted on the results....

Btw I seen venice try to run a 28mm on his race bike.... That's a big toilet for sure...
thanks C.C.Classic, it will be a little while before I have time to do my tinkering with it but I will be posting all results as I work through trying to see what I can get it to do on the HT, I may also try the PZ20 I can get it for the same price just under $21 shipped to my door, the choke on it is different, looks more like an enricher than a choke, guess I'll find out if I order one.

I'm really excited to get started on this project, the wife will have my head if I dont get that shop done first though.....LOL she has threatened me with horrible things if I start one more project before I get that shop done...LOL!
But she's right and I need the space to work and organize all my tools I have stuck all over the place for lack of enough room.

DANG-IT.....! 28MM, thats like mounting a toilet on one of these suckers.....! di dhe ever get it ginning or was it just way to much air volume for the engine?

Map
reddd

KenX

Apr 20, 2013
Lake Fork, Texas
I just ordered a carb that I'm gonna experiment with when I get the time, may be wasted $'s but I wont know until I play with it a bit, its a clone carb calld a PZ19 I have no idea what the jetting in it is, im pretty sure its gonna be way big for the HT engine, nothing some solder or pinging the jet and some wire gauge bits cant cure in that department though.

If anyone else has used this carb please ring in and let me know what your results were, will have to build a manifold and see what kind of cable I'll need but those are simple stuff.
Anyway we'll see how this goes.

Map
testing, keep getting a message that I have posted in the last 5 minutes.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
freaky carb - im subbing to this thread. My 21mm dellorto clone racing edition PHBG carb (holy shiit a lot of words) arrives tomorrow and im super pumped.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
The PHBG carb is my next choice if for some reason I'm not able to get the PZ19 working the way I want it to, since I hqve the tools and the ability to fab an intake pipe and flange for the PZ19 I just thought I'd give it a shot and see if I could get it to run good on the HT engine, if I can then I will share what the results are and what jet size and clip position I found to work, may be a big flop but if it does work it will be another option that could be a performance upgrade that isn't an expensive one.
Time will tell once I have a chance to start working on this project.

Map
reddd

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
Well I got the dellorto carb today - Its super high quality and went on without fuss. It came with a #90 main jet but really needs a #88 - 89. Runs great.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Well I got the dellorto carb today - Its super high quality and went on without fuss. It came with a #90 main jet but really needs a #88 - 89. Runs great.
Thats good to hear, where did you order the carb from if you dont mind me asking.

Maybe Ill go aheqd and get one for one of my bikes and then experiment with the PZ19 on a different bike and then I can make a comparison of the two and know which performs the best on my engines overall.

reddd

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thats good to hear, where did you order the carb from if you dont mind me asking.

Maybe Ill go aheqd and get one for one of my bikes and then experiment with the PZ19 on a different bike and then I can make a comparison of the two and know which performs the best on my engines overall.

reddd

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.

reddd
19mm dellorto: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/new-...ck-19mm-Racing-Carburetor-Carb/692935102.html

and 21mm respectively: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...-Racing-Carburetor-Carb/900778_692935087.html

That guy even sells a 17mm version