Cafe Creme - my Boardtracker project.

GoldenMotor.com

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Redditch [UK] and Reichenau [Saxony ]
I had the weld bungs [ Rose joints ] turned down today to fit inside the rear frame tubes for the POC mock up.

Chain line is clear and everything lines up as I'd hoped. The top frame tube position isn't fixed yet, I had planned originally to place the top mountings at the rear of the top tube. I'll get the bottom rails finalised and then decide about the top.

Zip ties and masking tape ..... who needs a welder !!!!!

Attachments

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Found these on Ebay for £15.00

OEM Bianchi tank badge and the smaller piece from the OEM seat - back maybe.

Not sure where it's going at the moment, but the seat badge will be rivetted to my new saddle. I have some Lycett badges I was going to use ..... but hey, what's yet another Bianchi referrence !!

Attachments

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Hi Beachcomber,
If you have difficuly finding another Bianchi badge, maybe try looking at the site of a guy in Hartlepool - Sir Henry's Motorcycles - who provides literally thousands of decals for motorcycle brands. Just a suggestion.
And by the way, SHM have given me indifferent service over the years. The Indian tank logos I ordered for my debut build never showed up and my emails went unanswered. But the ACE decals for my latest build were fulfilled immediately. His eBay feedback says it all. Pot luck really. s'pose it depends on which side of the bed he gets up from....

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Hi Beachcomber,
If you have difficuly finding another Bianchi badge, maybe try looking at the site of a guy in Hartlepool - Sir Henry's Motorcycles - who provides literally thousands of decals for motorcycle brands. Just a suggestion.
And by the way, SHM have given me indifferent service over the years. The Indian tank logos I ordered for my debut build never showed up and my emails went unanswered. But the ACE decals for my latest build were fulfilled immediately. His eBay feedback says it all. Pot luck really. s'pose it depends on which side of the bed he gets up from....
Thanx for the headsup. I'm going to try to get OEM tank badges as they thick [ 3mm ] acrylic plastic.

However, I'll give your man in Hartlepool a shout for other decals I need for 2 other projects.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
If your looking for a source of motorcycle decals, I've used these good people a few times. They have an excellent web site and there are bikes on there I never heard of. Lots of Indian offerings.
Steve.

Classic Transfers
P.O Box 17
Wooton-Under-Edge
Glos GL 12 8YX UK

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
I'VE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH LONG COVID, FORTUNATELY NOT THE SEVERE SHORTNESS OF BREATH AND CHEST PAINS THAT SOME HAVE .... BUT STILL A P.I.T.A. ! [ ooops - caps lock off now ]

Slows everything down and has left me with fatigue, tiredness and "brain fog" ..... and I thought it was just senility. However, need to get my finger out and push on with the two main projects.

Looks like I'm finally going to get the basic frame tacked up by the end of the month, then I can get it stripped down and have the fame fully welded.

I've been doing a few odd accessory jobs to keep my interest up.

The "tank" is now finished ready for final primer and the Celeste Blue paint. The fuel cell is also in final primer now, but unsure whether to paint it Celeste or Light Ivory [ same as wheels / bars/ NOS bottle ].

Attachments

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Work in progress - the brass syringe is the crank breather collector and will be attached via some period rubber hose. Still not sure about the tank decals. The hand gearchange mechanism will go on the other side. I wanted to have it nickle plated ......... but for £50 !!!!! No thanks, it will be powder coated the same light ivory as the wheel rims and handlebars [ and Nitrous bottle tee, hee, hee. ]

Attachments

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
The welder is definitely coming at the end of the month so I decided to move the whole project onto my hydraulic ramp to make sure everything is properly aligned.
That meant the Glemseck bike had to come off first !
I got the ramp back to my garage this morning and moved the whole thing lock stock and barrel off the wooden bench and onto the ramp. Been at it all day - 6 hours - but well worth the effort as everything is now 100% aligned and bolted down solidly.

Had a few new ideas [ as you do ] and incorporated them into the reassembly.

I can now get round both sides of the project and it will make life simpler for my pal when he comes round to do the welding and easier for me !!

Attachments

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
To Bianchi or not to Bianchi. Those brass grips and levers are indeed perfect for the price.

Steve.
Yea ........ think I've probably reached the limit with the Edoardo Bianchi referrences !!!

I'm now debating whether to leave off the two plaques I have for either side of the fuel cell / can. The can is marked "Valor", which was a paraffin company prevalent in the 50's / 60's. I doubt if many folks under the age of 65 will be aware of the origin.

Also still debating on Celeste Blue or Ivory for the can.

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Myself, I'd leave them off and go with the can as it came. Name pressed in the can looks more authentic. I'm building my bikes for the people that know what they are looking at and those that don't will most likely judge them on the fact that they are just there and hopefully look nice.

Steve.

Reactions: indian22

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Myself, I'd leave them off and go with the can as it came. Name pressed in the can looks more authentic. I'm building my bikes for the people that know what they are looking at and those that don't will most likely judge them on the fact that they are just there and hopefully look nice.

Steve.
Yes, that's pretty much the conclusion I reached .... nice to have some feedback on it though - thanx.

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Weld day getting closer !!! Can't wait to fnally see the frame tacked up and supported by itself and I can take some of the jig fixings off.

Very heath Robinson - but effective, since I bolted the "jig" down to my bike ramp it's absolutely solid and I'm happy that everything is aligned [ laser checked ] and good to go.

There's not much I can work on until that's done, but I did work out a POC for the hand / foot gear change and I've sorted out all the various cranks and rods I need - all from my old stash of parts.

I had a real disaster with the fork legs .... I decided to paint them "correctly" - zinc base coat before the primer filler. Despite assurances on the canto the contrary - the Primer reacted and crazed. I tried barcoat - nope that didn't barcoat anything and it crazed again as soon as the primer was sprayed over the barcoat !!!

Nothing for it, had to remove about 7 layers of paint down to bre metal. This time I've sprayed as I normally do - good clean of the bare metal with panel wipe andf straight in with the primer. Perfect. Decisions now made ........ wheels / hubs / brake plates, hndlebars and NOS bottle powder coated Light Ivory all the resr Celeste Blue [ Edoardo Bianchi corporate colour ].

Undecided about the "tank" and Valor fuel cell - either Light Ivory - or Blue with Ivory panels.

Until I change my mind again !!!!!!!