1919 Indian Tribute

GoldenMotor.com

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
It's not a BTR. I wanted to go with a motorcycle look. Dan just finished up but I still need to get it powdercoated, pin striped and the seat covered. I have to say that Dan (Taylar Cycles) never stops impressing me. I should get it for powdercoating this week and week update the pics next month when it's completely done.

Attachments

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Robert

Waiting for more pics!! Great build. Thinkin to order a cvt today for my stretch cruiser build with Honda 140cc clone and workman hd wheels.

Ron

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Robert

I did buy a used Honda 160cc with OHV-OHC that runs nice, but it is too tall for my stretch cruise frame. Is this the same engine as you have?

Just revisited your pic`s, are those faux push rods for valves, that threw me off.

Think it could fit my stretch frame if a 30 tooth sprocket was used on the pedal crank and cut out the smaller dia two top bars.

The main top bar and down tubes are bigger and heavier than regular cruiser frames.

Decided it would be easier with the angled 140cc cyclinder for this build. CCC did use a 160cc in one of his drop loop frames.

Am wanting a lower seat height like the stretch.

Ron

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Nice! Nice! Nice! Dan does it again good look nice style, have you ever thought about having Dan extend the handle bars back a little more??

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
Nice! Nice! Nice! Dan does it again good look nice style, have you ever thought about having Dan extend the handle bars back a little more??
That's a good idea but I need to wait. I also want better tires and some other things but cash is running low. I will definitely look into that when cash comes back around again. I know he can do it.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
That's a great looking bike, I have been a big fan of Taylor for some time. He is an all around good guy who builds some top notch bikes. The Gc160 is a great motor for the bikes, the cvt works very well on it.

My son is building a btr with the same motor and will be using a jack shaft since he wants to race it. Should be interesting.

What color are you going with? Clear coat the frame and run black and white pin stripe... It will look nice and vintage.

Ccc

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
Funny that you asked about color. I've been planning a dark navy blue and silver pinstripe for a year now. Then after I rode it today and before the breakdown for paint, I was thinking black with red pinstripe. When I took it to Garret for powdercoating I saw my back up antique olive green and went with that. I will off-set the green with a red and a black pinstripe. The wheels and bars will also be black.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Why doesn't any one ever use the vintage pumpkin/burnt orange for pin stripping that was common for that time period? is it personal taste with different colors or no one really noticed the original color? after all, typically the harley's used the olive color scheme, other then the Armed force's
Just curious

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Nice color!! but Rob at least consider the correct period color for pinstripping PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEE!!! it would look soooo ASOME!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
burnt orange/ pumkin that was the authentic and period correct, before you throw the jokes out there go back to the powder coater and see what the colors look like together you won't be disopointed Neither will Dan (lol)