my 99cc predator cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
Pretty much have my bike finished now. just waiting on s new sprocket to fix the ratios on it.

It's a schwinn clairemont running a 99cc predator motor.

some special things about this build.

CVT on a 5/8" crank shaft. I got a couple shims to bring it from 5/8" to 3/4", then drilled and tapped holes for set screws to go into the normal keyway so it wouldn't shear anything off.

Full jackshaft system. It's built along the same design (and has some same parts) as the SBP jack shaft system. I simply ditched the mounting plate that the CVT came with, bought a longer belt, and a longer jackshaft and put it all together.

currently, it goes CVT->10t->48t->30t->40t
it gives me anywhere between about 17.8:1 but it goes too far down to 5.7:1
Once i get the 60t sprocket it'll be around 25.7:1 down to 8.68:1

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
That is very raw and very sharp. Did you accomplish all that without welding? If so, a lot of members will want to do something similar.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
That is very raw and very sharp. Did you accomplish all that without welding? If so, a lot of members will want to do something similar.
you are correct, no welds at all. just bolting, cutting, and grinding. c:

really wish i had access to a welder. i need to get the exhaust welded up

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
youre going to love the preadtor i can belive i ever rode a motorized bike without one its a whole new obsession with these things .

good looking bike
i already love that beast! it has soooo much more torque than the HT could ever dream of!

thinking of also getting the thinner headgasket from AGK so i can bump up the compression.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
good looking build !!!

what size/where did you get the ammo can ???

I am liking the predator a lot,,,a little over 1200 miles on mine :)

PS,,,we need to get together for a nice ride;)

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
good looking build !!!

what size/where did you get the ammo can ???

I am liking the predator a lot,,,a little over 1200 miles on mine :)

PS,,,we need to get together for a nice ride;)
for sho' man! lol might be a long ride to meet up XD

the ammo can is a 7.62mm, don't remember where i bought it, but i see them on amazon alot, plus i think there's a couple surplus stores scattered around the valley.

I need to change the oil soon too. i'm thinking a little bit of drilling/tapping a hole on the bottom of the engine and drilling a hole through the mounting plate so i can change the oil without it spilling everywhere.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I drain my oil out thru the oil fill hole. I simply take out the fill plug, lay the bike down on the left side over a large plastic pan, and pick up the rear wheel enough to drain out the oil .
Way quicker and easier than dealing with the drain plug.

Also, Harbor Freight has a hand operated suction pump that could be used to pump out the sump from the fill hole.

BeaverRat

Jun 27, 2011
WA
I am working on this exact same build as we speak. I was pretty happy when I discovered that HF is now shipping the 99cc engines with ACTUAL 5/8" shafts. The 5/8 to 3/4 bushing to adapt the shaft to the CVT slid right on with no sanding of the shaft. Congrats on doing it first!

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
Looking good Skarrd! Your neighbors must love you booting around without an exhaust :)
LOL yeah, even without any muffler, it was still quieter than the 2 stroke ever was, took one of my old happy time mufflers (no cat on this one) and clamped it on. exhaust is quiet now, but the noise now comes from the intake.

I need to get around to measuring the bolt spacing so i can see about getting some type of adapter made to run the dellorto clone carb i got (has a bigger bore than the stock HF carb). think i may contact manic mechanic and see if he can make one of his billet adapters to the size i need.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I use the 3/4" mower muffler . It makes a little more noise than the 1/2" one, but the preddy runs a LOT better with it.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Very nice! I am definitely thinking my next build will be a 4 stroke, either a Preddy or one of those geared Loncin jobbies. I really like the no-weld aspect of your build, since I am in that same camp.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
where did you get your parts for your clutch and jack shaft
the CVT i got off ebay for about $100 (worth it)

the jackshaft is a bit of a scavange job. i had ordered the mounting brackets for a 4 stroke from sick bike parts, but i only used just the jack shaft bracket. (i'm sure the 2 stroke version would work still). the other parts i got from www.mcmaster.com

jack shaft collars(9414T13): http://www.mcmaster.com/#shaft-collars/=hg57nw
jack shaft(1497K954): http://www.mcmaster.com/#rotary-shafts/=hg589e
keys (get the oversized 3/16" ones): http://www.mcmaster.com/#machine-keys/=hg58nb