came across this tool, hates Motorized Bicycles well kinda

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Re: came across this tool, hates MB's well kinda

Ummm, yeah.......right? I don't think any MB is as dangerous as a person texting while driving a car. Two left levers......no way around that???? Right.......whatever? Paaaaaaahhleeeeeease.........

dnut

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia

This guy started his build in June and finished it in July...... HAHAHA thats all i needed to read before i realised this guy has no idea. It took me a few hours and ive never had a problem.

I do however believe a kit installed by this guy probably would be extremely dangerous, i also think getting out of bed for this guy is also extremely dangerous. LOL what an idiot!!!!!!!

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana

This guy started his build in June and finished it in July...... HAHAHA thats all i needed to read before i realised this guy has no idea. It took me a few hours and ive never had a problem.

I do however believe a kit installed by this guy probably would be extremely dangerous, i also think getting out of bed for this guy is also extremely dangerous. LOL what an idiot!!!!!!!
Agreed! It is pretty easy to tell he has little mechanical ability.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama

Agreed! It is pretty easy to tell he has little mechanical ability.
Riding either a MB or Motorcycle has nothing to do with building one, as he seems mechanically challenged.

To install a engine correctly, a few hours won't cut it. Yes I can install one in a couple hours, but it won't last long. To start with very few frames accept the kit as shipped.

He wrote that paper in June of 2010, This, one of two sites that I know of has been around much before he bought the engine. I guess he really didn't research as almost all the problems could of been averted.

Last edited:

NormO

Jun 15, 2011
New Brunswick,Canada

Sure motorized bicycles are dangerous. So is a screwdriver if used improperly. Or anything else for that matter.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia

Riding either a MB or Motorcycle has nothing to do with building one, as he seems mechanically challenged.

To install a engine correctly, a few hours won't cut it. Yes I can install one in a couple hours, but it won't last long. To start with very few frames accept the kit as shipped.

He wrote that paper in June of 2010, This, one of two sites that I know of has been around much before he bought the engine. I guess he really didn't research as almost all the problems could of been averted.
If your bike has the frame geometry to accept a kit and you are mechanically minded i think a kit can be safely installed in a few hours........ and will last a long time providing you do periodic maintenance..... same as almost all motorcycles.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama

If your bike has the frame geometry to accept a kit and you are mechanically minded i think a kit can be safely installed in a few hours........ and will last a long time providing you do periodic maintenance..... same as almost all motorcycles.
To start with very few frames accept the kit as shipped.
Did I not qualify myself?

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia

"To install an engine correctly a few hours won't cut it" I was simply saying it can be done and done safely. Not trying to argue the point..... And I did say "if" your bike has the frame geometry. And if not it doesn't take a couple if months like the OP took, no wonder he had problems. A MB setup wrong is dangerous which was my point.

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana

My engine went in super fast and easy. Of course KW Machine Works Felt mounts helped a little!

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

That dude on the web site is just being a jerk. I also encounter die-hard Honda people who thumb their nose at Harleys, and die-hard Hawg riders who detest Hondas. As long as it runs and is safe to ride, at a certain point it just amounts to a matter of personal preference.

What police will tell you is that it is the owner/rider's responsibility to make his vehicle safe to be on the road. If that guy was dissatisfied with the running condition of the motorized bike he built, he was obligated to either improve it or keep it off the street. If that's just too much work for him - tough. I think he needs to go whine someplace else. I've said this much before: maybe I've just been lucky, but my little HT 2-smoker has been one of the most trouble-free rides I've ever had - next to an old Schwinn ten-speed which I never did anything to.

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast

I had never seen that post, or website before.

The guy's just a propeller head.
Busy over-thinking every little thing.

I would agree with some things he said, and others not.

They are certainly NOT safe!

If you must have safety, buy a benz or an audi, a volvo if you can't afford them, or even an expedition. Motoring down the road in an expedition is very safe!
They are safe as you can be in the world of transportation.

my only qualifications are hundreds of motorcycles. not too many benzo's or expeditions :)
rc

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee

I had never seen that post, or website before.

The guy's just a propeller head.
Busy over-thinking every little thing.

I would agree with some things he said, and others not.

They are certainly NOT safe!

If you must have safety, buy a benz or an audi, a volvo if you can't afford them, or even an expedition. Motoring down the road in an expedition is very safe!
They are safe as you can be in the world of transportation.

my only qualifications are hundreds of motorcycles. not too many benzo's or expeditions :)
rc
benzo's or expeditions are not safe either nothing that moves is truely safe.
not even your own home is 100% safe from getting hurt or killed

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York

...And this is from someone with a P.E.
Maybe he should go back to the University and ask for his money back, clearly he has learned nothing.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA

This guy is a survivalist. He is preparing for the apocolypse.

Did you check out his recs on firearms and food? Solar power?

I can see why he had an interest in cheap DIY transportation.

I guess he got sidetracked before he got to the ethanol conversion process.

Yeah, you don't want to be killed by the marauders before you can get back to home base 'cause your POS china girl died.

There won't be any internet after the horsemen ride - :)

Skyliner70

May 25, 2011
Colorado

I'm honored that he linked my post for newbie builds. I've never been called an author before ;-) "One web page where you can read the advice of another person who has quite a bit of experience making these cheap engine kits work is at the following link: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=13287"

Seriously, my stock bike brakes do a fine job stopping from 30mph. His website sounds sour grapes because his bike didn't work or run well for him.